Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Is There Any Truth To The Saying:

My mom used to tell me that death happens in 3's. I don't know where she came up with that but it has stuck with me all these years. Well, my mom died in February this year and we just found out my brother has colon cancer. I just can't deal with this and I don't know who to talk to. It is stage 3 cancer, meaning it spread to a couple of lymph nodes plus I guess it is bigger than they would like. Now he is faced with chemo, radiation and surgery to remove it. Then back to chemo again. I don't want my brother to die, I am not even through the loss of my mom. I am so very afraid and I don't know who to talk to. I try hard to build my brother's faith up, letting him know that everything is going to be just fine. But inside I am freaking out with fear. Please, everyone who reads this, please pray for my brother.

Oh of course Deb. I will certainly keep him and you in my prayers.

Well I don't know about the truth in the 'death always comes in three's' adage.

Sometimes we have just one.. sometimes we have two.. and sometimes there are three.. and sometimes???... way more than three in close succession. To me it seems mostly just random. So I think that adage may just fall into that "Old wives tale" category.

There is tremendous success with colon cancer of late and I'm holding all good thoughts for the best for your dear brother and may he weather all the procedures, surgery and treatments well.

((((Hugs))))

leeann

Deb, dear, I'm so sorry to learn this awful news about your brother, and of course we will keep him in our prayers. You say you don't know who to talk to about this, and certainly you know that we are here for you to do just that ~ but in addition, I want to point you to these resources, specifically aimed at people affected by cancer (and those who love them):

Cancer Care Support Services

Cancer Care Connection

CancerGuide

Cancer Hope Network

Gilda's Club: Cancer Support for Individuals & Families

Cancer Support: Beliefnet

Links to additional sites are listed here: Care Giving Links