Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Am Freezing

I have this happen a lot and finally found the thing that helped me the most was a cup of hot GREEN tea. Don't ask why I found the green tea to help the most but I did. And the other thing was to take a long hot bath with relaxing music. It seems like if I can do one or both of those things I can finally get warmed up for a while.

For Christmas my kids got me a wii and if I play on it, it gets the blood flowing too.

I too have become attached to a hot cup of tea. Sometimes I splurge and have some Earl Grey (decaf of course.. always decaf... I have enough trouble getting to sleep without adding any caffiene to my system!)

If I don't do that... vacuuming always warms me up... :rolleyes:

But a great cup of tea is much more pleasant than vacuuming.. I must admit. lol

But don't worry I know the cold you speak of... and now, it's funny, I always associate tea with comfort.... maybe a decent side effect of grief???

Warm (((((Hugs)))) to you.

leeann

Since I spend alot of time in barns, I am always looking for ways to stay warm. I buy the heat packets you can put in your gloves , pockets and boots. They are great. But my favorite thing is my heated mattress cover. It warmer by your feet and then gets less warmer up by your head. I turn it on an hour or so before I get in bed and its wonderful.

Wow! I thought I was alone with this. The first time it happened to me was when I woke up at 3am freezing with chills, teeth chattering, and nauseous. I thought I had a stomch virus but after sitting up for about 10 minutes, I slowly got warmer and the nausea went away and I went back to sleep. Is this possibly associated with a panic attack brought on by grief?

OMG - I thought I was the only one!! I'll be sitting here, just on the computer or something, and all of a sudden, I am so cold I have to put a sweatshirt on and crank the heat up. It's like a bone chilling cold, and it just happens. I don't know if it's a panic attack, for me it doesn't happen like that. But I do feel it's something happening in our minds/bodies that triggers it. you're not alone in this - Marsha

Hey everyone,

After I finally got the nerve to go back to the apartment and start organizing and sorting thru Dad's things, the cold went away. I agree that it was fear and panic, afraid to feel the hurt and say ggod bye for now. While cleaning out Dad's closet, I cried when I found his favorite sweat shirt that I wear know when I get home from work, it helps the cold and warms my heart. I sat down and talked to Dad, telling him how I miss him and asked for forgiveness for not doing more in the end. I opened the bottom drawer of the dresser and found my baby spoon tucked away with a card to me for my 25th anniversary. My Dad always planned every thing to the nth degree. The cold is normal, the fear is normal, the pain is unbelievable, the need to talk and actually doing it with the ones who love you most is the key.

Thanks to each one of you and let's all keep posting and pay it forward to help one another.

Patti

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

Wanted to update any of you are feeling this bone chilling cold. I am here in Australia on a mission and each and everyone person who I am working with feels the same chill even when it is 100 degrees during the day. A nurse that I have met tells us that it is the shock of what we are going thru and is completely normal!!!!

Yeah for that, shock is a terrible thing,,,,,you cannot control what your mind or body does,,,,,it is normal and this too shall pass. So have a peaceful and warm night and know that we are all in this together.....100 degrees and still need a jacket with all that we have seen and gone thru here.

Patti