Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Hi Everyone,

Today I have been thinking so much about Mommie, her big brown eyes her sayings and I miss her so much,

my husband, my mother. This is so difficult. Should we question God. This seems so unfair, I don't want to come

here and whine, however I miss them so much today, the whole in my soul is go large, can't sleep tonight.

Thoughts just wont go away tonight. Help don't know what to do. This pain is so great, hard, what do I do?

I am so very sad and hurting, my brother lives with me and I also see all the pain in his eyes also and there is

nothing I can offer him.

Jackie

Dear Jackie,

I believe when we miss our loved ones the most, they are the nearest, though we can no longer see them. It is God's way of keeping them in our hearts. While it seems cruel, to hurt so bad, He understands. He had to watch his son suffer and die. So having experienced the greatest pain, He will walk with us through ours.

I don't know if there is any truth to the notion that when someone is closest to dying, they appear to get better. This was the case with my husband. The day before he died, he was joking and we were laughing together. Each time we experience incredible pain at our loss, we have a little growth spurt. I think I've said it before, but, my kids complain of sore knees and elbows before they grow a bit. I think it is the same for us. The sadness, the lonliness, the hurt, are necessary in order to move through it. We don't usually have a choice when it consumes us, but rest assured we know the pain you are feeling. Hold their picture, read their favorite book, cry into their pillow, hug your brother. It all helps.

I've even gone to Marty's website to listen to songs, read poems and just let the tears flow.

Take care,

Kath

Jackie - I'm adding my thoughts and prayers for you in addition to what Kath said so well. My husband is gone over 6 months, and my mother 8 years. There are times for me when the grief encompasses both of them. I understand what you're saying. I was very close to my mother, my husband was the best thing that ever happened to me, and together, the loss is sometimes overwhelming. I've also asked G-d why? But it's not an answerable question, I guess, because I sure don't get an answer! My mother's loss brought my brother and myself closer; your brother is dealing with his own grief, and it's a personal journey for him as well. I'm sure you're doing everything you can to help him. And please, you aren't whining; please don't even think that about yourself. You're grieving! I'm hoping for a little peace in your world today - Hugs, Marsha

Guest moparlicious

Jackie,

Whine away my dear!!!! Having a losses is alot to deal with. Questioning God???? Hmmm I find myself doing that, but as my pastor says why ask why???? We all like instant answers although life doesn't work like that. :angry: You are a dear and wonderful friend to me and I think of you as a blessing. You have alot to offer, sometimes words do not need to be spoken, just being you, is a wonderful GIFT!!!!!!!!! I love you, Kim

Jackie,

Should we question God...I don't know, but I doubt it does any good, do you suppose He'd answer if we asked? I only know that the acceptance comes with time and God has broad enough shoulders to take our pummeling if we need to...He understands. Loss is the most grievous thing we can go through.