Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Memory Bears

Jackie

You had asked about the memory bears so I thought I would post it for all the new people.

If you go to the Loss of parent or grandparent forum and click on it. Then go to the bottom and there is a search forum. Put in Memory bears (you have to add the s). Then go to Marty T's post of July 28th and it will bring up the link. Hope this helps.

;)

Hi,

Thanks so much ladies, I have my husbands wedding boba and something from my mother that I want to have done.

Perhaps I will also have one done for my grand daughter from her PaPa, she will love that. I will keep them on my bed.

Thanks again soooo very much. I am feeling a little better today. I called my Aunt, my mothers last living sibiling and we talked, I will go to visit here next weekend that made me feel alittle better. Grief really has a way of taking all your energy and feelings at times. I guess it is all a part of the process, however I am so blessed to be able to come here and talk about how I am feeling and you all understand and have been there also....Keep the Faith.

Oh one more question it seems that I will have to make it myself is that true??? I went to the site and looks like you cannot order it....I don't know.

Jackie

Mary Linda,

That is so special. Thanks for sharing it. What does the tie say? Kath

Thanks for telling me about the memory bears. The hospic by me does not make them. So I went to google.com, type in memroy bears made from cloths. It came up with a lot of web sit. They cost $75.00 up to $200.00 or $300.00 dollars. they take 2 weeks to 2 or 3 months to be made. There is none close to me in Cicero, il. I will be saving my money to'get one made. I'm on disapable and don't have much money. But I' m looking for a part time job. I just take it 1 day at a time. I spend a lot of time on this web sit. The people here are very nice and help me a lot. I will pray for you all.

God Bless,

Russell

Russell

I am sure that there is someone in town that can make it a lot cheaper. It only cost me $20. Check with your church or is there a U of I Extension Service somewhere near you. I am sure the home advisor could probably lead you to someone who does things like that. Go to a craft mall and see if anyone has teddy bears for sale and get their card to see if they would do it. All you have to do is find someone who sews and you may have to buy them a bear pattern, but I'm sure you can get it a lot cheaper than $75