Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing Mom

I just found out about this site through my grief counselor. I was glad to know there was a place to talk to others that are going through the same things I am. My mother who has always been my best friend passed away on December 7th, 2008. She has always been so healthy but found out in August that she had Lymphoma. She had 5 chemo treatments and everything else we could do to save her but it didn't work. I have a wonderful brother, husband and 2 year old daughter that are here to help but I feel as though I need to talk to some others that are struggling or have been through this before. My mother lived with me when she was sick and I have not been able to go through her things or really move anything yet. My brother and I have decided we need to heal more first. I definately feel orphaned. My father walked out on mom a couple of years ago and is not really communicating with any of us at this point so I feel as though I have lost them both. I would love to hear from anyone and maybe we can be a support system for each other.

Carole So very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear Mom.

Yes.. you have come to the right place! I know this site has helped me so much. And I sincerely hope you can say that in good time as well.

We all have an understanding here that few others in our lives can truly possess. So Welcome and know you are among friends.

It is ok...about your Mom's things. You and your brother are doing what feels right to you both right now.

And I found that I did best when I expressed my grief, didn't judge it or my feelings. As ALL of them were normal.

So this grief journey is something that I have learned we all do at our own pace and in our own time & way.

Please feel free to keep us posted on how you are doing.

leeann

Carole,

I am glad you found this site. I am sorry about your mom. My mom died on the same date as your mom but a year before. My dad died 10 months later, so I undestand when you say you feel like an orphan. Its a horrible feeling.

Keep posting here, it really does help. There are so many kind, caring people here. You are not alone.

Hi Carole,

I lost my mom to pancreatic cancer June 2007, she too lived with me and I feel orphaned as well, my dad is alive but has never been in the picture. Grief counseling is the best thing and go through her stuff when you're ready, it's not going anywhere. Unfortunately, my moms husband won't let us go through her stuff that is at the farm so we're stuck when it comes to that.

I wish you all the best, there are a lot of very caring people here so take advantage of it :)

Dawn

Thank you all for your support and advice. It has been a big help. I found out this weekend that my grandfather (mom's dad) is expected to have colon cancer now. He has tests run on March 6th. Please pray for us as we go through this new trial. Again, than you all for everything.