Grief Healing Discussion Groups

So Jealous And Pathetic.

emptyinside

Today I saw a father walking hand-in-hand with his little daughter, dressed in pink and holding a drawing, taking her home from school. They looked A LOT like me and my dad once upon a time. I started crying and making uncontrollable whimpering noises. I'm jealous of a six-year-old.

:rolleyes: I've apparently swapped my brain for a kid's. I'm a little kid in an adult's body who just wants her daddy back.

(Man, it SUCKS to lose someone who's just not a dad but your best friend in the whole world).

Oh Em.. I don't think you were jealous of a six yr old.

I think you were just missing your Dad. And that's normal. And we all at times just "want them back".

You aren't a child. You are an adult, grieving a big loss.

I think your response is absolutely normal.

Don't be so hard on yourself. This IS hard.

((((((Hugs))))))

leeann

Today I saw a father walking hand-in-hand with his little daughter, dressed in pink and holding a drawing, taking her home from school. They looked A LOT like me and my dad once upon a time. I started crying and making uncontrollable whimpering noises. I'm jealous of a six-year-old.

:rolleyes: I've apparently swapped my brain for a kid's. I'm a little kid in an adult's body who just wants her daddy back.

(Man, it SUCKS to lose someone who's just not a dad but your best friend in the whole world).

Of course you want your dad back. I can understand. Even those whose fathers passed away in old age, still miss their dads. And I think it's okay to cry and miss being a little girl, because being a young person, it wasn't so long ago that you were a little girl.

Those of us who have lost our parents at young ages, who are in our early 20s, it feels very strange to have lost our daddies, because we thought, naturally, we'd have more time with them.

I don't think it's pathetic, I think it's only normal. Now that our dads are gone, we wish we had them here with us, to comfort us, to be our friends and our dads.

I'm sorry you're feeling so low. :( My thoughts are with you,

Chai