Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing Mom

I lost my mother on 2/14/2009 and am very sad today.Actually all week. As my parents were in fla I had to fly there and got back on the 19th. My father seems to be handling himself ok as far as I can tell his sister and brother have gone there to be with him for a couple of weeks. I just feel numb at loss for words reading on this sight is very helpful Thank you to all

Kathy

kathy I'm so sorry you have lost your Mom. It must be so hard to be away from your Dad right now. But I'm very glad that he does indeed have some people with him. I'm sure that puts you at ease a bit. But distance I'm sure makes things a bit harder.

These are really very early days for you... anything goes as far as feelings are concerned.

I'm glad you found us but so sorry you had to. Keep reading and posting letting us know how you are doing.

Big ((((((Hugs))))))

leeann

Kathy,

I lost my mom December 2, 2008. It is so hard. I know that my life will never be that same. I miss her everyday. I wish I could say that it gets better, but for me it is still so raw. Tomorrow it will be 3 months. Just take one day at a time. Some are certainly better than others. I hope you find comfort in knowing that you are not alone.

Take Care

Today is 13 months after losing my mom. It gets easier as time goes on. Or perhaps I have just started to accept the fact that i will never see her again, never hear her sweet voice, never kiss her again. I miss her terribly. At night when i go to bed, I relive those last moments. I can't get the picture out of my head. But day to day living is getting better, even though the void is never filled.

Go easy on yourself.

My mom died recently (December 7th, 2008.) It is hard but this site has been a great help. The biggest thing I have learned is don't worry about how you are grieving. We are all different. I recently found the book Angel Catcher by Kathy Eldon and Amy Eldon Turteltaub. It is basically a workbook as you go through the loos of a loved one. It is a place to write you memmories, thoughts, fears, and thoughts. It has helped me as I am struggling through this.

Thank you everyone for sharingl your experience with me. This is truly a great sight. I have been at loss for words and withdrawn. I am going to work everyday and just crying at night when I get home I feel she is in a better place I know I will never stop missing her. For now Kathy :(