Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Losing My Sweet Sara

LeeY

It will be a week tomorrow when I had to put my dearheart Sara to sleep. My heart is so heavy at times - trying to comfort myself I have been doing alot of reading. The book I'm about to finish is Animals and the Afterlife by Kim Sheridan - have offer quite a bit of comfort. Do I feel my sweet Sara have gone to the Other Side? The answer would be yes... but I can't help but feel the deep lonliness in my heart. She was THE cat... she didn't have to do much... just being herself was enough to bring the simpliest form of joy into my heart. My dog, Stubbs and my other cat have been a big comfort too... Maybe alot have to do with the fact that she was the baby of the family... and her illness spread so quickly... Or maybe I just feel having her in our home for the short four years was just too short.

I know some day I will see that precious Sara again... and I just can't wait! To be able to hold her, run my fingers through her fur and hear her say her hellos to me would be heaven!

I thank God for having to had her in my life... she taught me alot... to love, cherish the moment of now, and what giving is all about.

Sara will be forever I my heart and soul.

I'm sorry you lost your Sara...I can relate, I have had many pets that I have lost over the years and each one leaves their own void. I haven't read that book, it sounds like a good one. I truly believe we'll see our pets again, and their lives here were just the beginning. My sympathy for your loss.

thank you kay... Books about pet loss have been helping me. My dog, Stubbs and other cat, Sam is helping too... I know for a fact that they too are in grief. She will always be the little joy in my heart now and always...

Lee, dear, I too am so sorry to learn of the death of your beloved Sara, and I hope you know that here, you are among fellow animal lovers who will walk this path of grief beside you. I don't know if you've discovered it yet, but if not, I hope you'll pay a visit to my Grief Healing Web site, which offers additional information, comfort and support. Meanwhile, know that you are being held gently in our hearts.