Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Confusion

Greetings Im Aibella, I have just lost my dear mother on Tuesday. My feelings are all over the place and I cant figure anything out. Its like someone is missing and i cant find her. My mother battled Cancer for 14yrs. This last round Killed her due to Utirine and Breast Cancer. I was taking care of her and Know i cant even walk around the house with out getting chocked up. When i have family over My mom and i would hang out and talk. Now its like i lost my best friend and i am so lost and the pain is too great to handle :(:(

Aibella,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You might get better response in the "loss of a parent" section, you could ask a moderator to move it. I lost my mother in law to cancer and she was the mother I always wanted, my best friend, so I know what I felt like when that happened. I took care of her the last three years of her life, and when you go from being caregiver to suddenly they're gone, it leaves you feeling a huge loss of purpose as well as missing them. It takes a great deal of time to adjust to such a huge loss. You will find a very caring group of people here on this site who have been through it too. Just know that the feelings you are having are normal. Have you looked around on this site? There are resources available to help, maybe Marty could direct you to some that would be of help. Are you in touch with Hospice? I hope you have family there to help you deal with this.

Kay

Aibella

I am so sorry for your loss. Keep posting here, it really does help. lots of kind and caring people are here. My mom died Dec.06 and my dad died 10 months later. My mom was my best friend too, so I know this is very hard for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers and please know you are not alone.

I am so sorry for your loss, I know that it is hard and confusing...so many emotions, tears, fears, and feeling that you should have. would of, could of,,,,It is all normal. The chills, the tears, the dreams are all normal. Does it get better,,,yes it does. I have found that taking time to take of myself in a season of healing comes first, bring your family in to your grief and let the family mourn together,,,it really does help.

The most important fact that I have learned from this site is the fact of grief bursts,,,,it is ok to be just you and cry for no reason,,,memories hit us daily and then there is peace......thought that you needed to know that there is light at the end of the journey....keep posting, share your emotions and know that you are safe with us/

Hugs and blessings....Patti

• 4 weeks later...
Greetings Im Aibella, I have just lost my dear mother on Tuesday. My feelings are all over the place and I cant figure anything out. Its like someone is missing and i cant find her. My mother battled Cancer for 14yrs. This last round Killed her due to Utirine and Breast Cancer. I was taking care of her and Know i cant even walk around the house with out getting chocked up. When i have family over My mom and i would hang out and talk. Now its like i lost my best friend and i am so lost and the pain is too great to handle :(:(

Aibella,

I am so sorry for your loss. My mom died on the same day. She also battled cancer for 14 years. I can relate to your story very well and I am not doing well with my grief, it is very painful. I'm sure our situations are different but I can relate to getting chocked up around the house. I was taking care of my mother as well and now when I go in her room I can't go in there without crying and I feel her presence and its very hard for me. I am here if you ever want to message me. This is a great site, I have only been on it a week and have gotten a lot of helpful support. I hope you do as well. Take care.

-Carissa