Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Grandbabies 3rd Birthday

Yesterday was my grandbaby Isabela's 3rd birthday!!! We have had several birthdays since Ben died but i have chosen not to go to the parties, But jay jay as Ben called her is special lst because i live with her, and second because we almost lost her 2 times, whe she was born she was born addicted to drugs. this is not my daughter biological child she is one of my sons her biological mom was on drugs when she was born...the baby was very ill when she was born and still has problems, she made it but than the state came in and tried to take her my son was not in a postion to care for her so my daughter stepped in and fought for her...Ben at this point was to sick for me to even try to get custody so we were glad when my daughter got her because we did not want to lose her...She and Ben had a very special bond as Ben got sicker and she got older they would play silly games together, and jay jay always took care of Tata!!! So she had hit yet another BD and this one is without tata.....I spent the day helping my daughter prepare for the party and crying it was also another 1st for us...It was the 1st time we all have gathered togother for one event since the funeral...the past birthdays someone has been missing but yesterday we were all together...My kids are so wonderful they knew the day was hard on me as it was on them..Jay Jay found a penny on the ground and sd"penny from Heaven! " and than she screamed at me and told me "Tatas here he came"(2hrs after Ben died i found a penny on the ground picked it up and sd penny from Heaven and looked up and thanked Ben for letting me know he got there safe) I did not know that she had seen that or heard it....I guess she did...We all had a great time and just before we cut the cake we all held hands and remembered all the funny things ben would do when we were having bd parties for the kids... God i hope these sort of things get easier!!!! Our oldest son Jaime is having a Birthday on the 4th of July i think i will just sleep thru it...

Lucia, I'm so glad you were able to join in for this birthday. And the pennies... I've been finding them since Larry died. They are always in the most unusual places, just when I need a message from Larry, they turn up. On a table where I have pictures of him displayed, I add each penny he's sent me. One time I had been looking and looking for an important paper I needed and just couldn't find it. Something told me where to look one more time (Larry) and next to the papers was a penny! It makes me smile. I'm really glad you were able to enjoy yourself with your family, you needed it. Deborah

That is definatly true i find them at some unusual places too!! They always make me feel like Ben is with me...I guess kids pick up on small things like that because my jay jay is just 3 yrs old and knows Tata was with us at her party yesterday...She has been so happy all day today and keeps telling us all that Tata went to her party....Kids are so special and so innocent its a shame that she can't have Tata there except in spirit i guess thats ok to ...just makes me so sad.