Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Talia, I'm sad that you don't have Marc's family to support you - it's their loss .... the gift of a baby into your family is so precious.

Being a new Mom, esp the first time, according to my friends, is an exhausting and sometimes frightening place to be, even if it is completely worth it. I cannot imagine exactly how it feels because unfortunately I couldn't have kids, let alone imagining grieving for Marc on top of all the other emotions, tiredness etc ...

I am proud of you Talia.

HUGS

Hi, Talia:

This is my first posting as a new member to the forum. My husband passed away on June 19. At the time, our firstborn daughter, Kailyn, was 4.5 months old. While Scott did have time with her, I know very much how you feel. That your husband was robbed of all those special times with your daughter, and that she will never know firsthand the wonderful person he was. I see so much of my husband in our little Kailyn, and am so thankful, yet find it so painful at the same time. She keeps me going, but I am so sad every time I see another father at the playground, or wherever. I find myself crying spontaneously throughout the day, especially right now as July 28 would have been our 10th anniversary (though we had been together for 20 years - half our lives). The pain is agonizing, but I have friends and family for support (his family, as well), and now a place where I can share with people who truly understand.

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl. I hope you find comfort in her and a reason to get up each day, as I do in my daughter.

Korina

What a beautiful baby! And I'm so glad she looks like her father, I pray she will be a huge blessing to you!

Kay