Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Will The Day Ever Come

i know its been forever since i posted but i got into a conversation with a friend who lost her sister not that long ago. she asked me if i every just wait for the day that i won't miss my mom anymore. truly i believe that that day will never come cuz i'm always gonna miss her to no end. she was everything to me and the one who raised me and taught me all i know and all that i am.

i keep wondering where the time has gone cuz i feel like i've missed out on about 5 years of my life. i felt like i went from 21 to 26 in the matter of days. i just want to be a little girl again where nothing but scraped knees and bumps and scratches were painful. back when life was easier and nothing seemed to matter all that much. now i feel like the world wants me to forget my mom cuz its been over a year but HELL NO I WILL NOT! where does anyone get the idea that just cuz its been a year that everything should be back to normal and i should be able to function like a normal person. yeah *&$#!@% right. I'M ONLY HUMAN!

Stace

I miss my friend just as much who took care of me while I was a boarder at her place. I wake up everyday thinking of her, and saying I wish she was here with me. It is getting stronger and stronger that I seem to think of her more and more as I go on in my life. I will never forget her and never ever will replace her thoughts with others because she loved me unconditionally as a friend, a mentor, a nurturer of human spirits and my feelings for her will only go stronger as I go on in this life on this earth.

Thank you,

Kavish

thanks for the replies. and obviously these people who assume that we need to just move and be all better and not be sad about losing someone has never lost someone as close as we have or just never grieved when they did. i have to say after losing my grandpa, aunt, and great uncle in less then a year and then losing my mom and grandma in 3 months of each other and my other great uncle and his sister my great aunt with in 2 weeks of each other and now watching a friend of mine go thru losing her mom in november and her dad this past week, we as humans will never ever be the same after losing our loved ones. i'm a very talkative person and always went to visit my great uncles and aunts more then they ever saw some of their own kids or grandkids. i loved them all and wanted to very close to them and loved hearing there stories from when they were kids. but there will never be a day in my life that i will not miss a single one of them even including my great grandparents and my grandpa who i barely knew losing them when i was so little.

I agree. I hate that we're supposed to move on and not miss people. I hate it when people wonder why I'm not "better." I'm not going to!

I agree with you! Don't tell me when I should feel better or I should already be feeling better, YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH!!! That is what I would like to tell some people..and i need to tell myself that too. I am one to want things done with and get on with it, but I am learning that it isn't that simple. My Mom passed May 21, 2009, 2ths exactly and she has been heavy in my mind, as she should be, so this journey we are on is never ending......