Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Plans For Caribbean Cruise

MartyT

This announcement was posted yesterday on Open to Hope:

Widows Group Plans Caribbean Cruise for January 2010

Last winter, when our home in Illinois was deep in snow, we dreamed of cruising the Islands on a luxury liner. That’s when the idea for the First Widows List Caribbean Cruise was born.

Sandra Pesmen, host of www.widowslist.com, will be on board with her daughter, Beth Preis, co-host of www.widowslist.com. The ship leaves from Ft. Lauderdale at 5 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 30, on Holland America’s Eurodam, sailing for seven nights to Grand Turks, San Juan, St. Thomas and Half Moon Cay.

If you come along, you get a bonus: $100 per cabin shipboard credit, bottle of champagne, and free lunch at the elegant Pinacle Grill. Fees range from $699 inside cabin, $899 window cabin, to $999 balcony cabin.

Since men and women traveling alone often must pay a “single supplement fee,” we will help avoid that by “matching” people of the same sex in staterooms if desired. Everyone is welcome, including those who are divorced, single, traveling with partners, or happily married to people who don’t like to cruise. So come along.

Travel Agent Neelie Kruse, of Cary Travel Express, is making arrangements. Reach Neelie at www.neelie@carytravelexpress.com or 847-639-3300.

Hi Marty,

That would have been cool but I find it hard going any where by myself, I am a very shy person and find it hard to meet people... I can not even go to my new Sabbath school class and that is in my same town... But if I knew someone who could go I would have loved to attend this trip... Take care Shelley