Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Back From Washington Dc

Well i made it back left Sunday Sept 20th and met my daughter in Atlanta and than off to Washington D.C. to meet my son Jaime...We got in to D.C. early on the 21st...We all had a wonderful time....When i left Sunday i had a cold so the whole time i was in D.C. I was sick but I didn't let that stop me from having a great tme....We did a twilight tour and went to Washington Monument,The Holcost muesum and many other sites...We left D.C. for Atlanta on Tuesday Morning made it alright but because of bad wheather i was not able to get a flight back to Phx so i took a flight with my daughter Eleanor to Savannah that is where she lives...spent the night and left early in the morning for Atlanta...couldn't land because of fog so i missed my flight finaly got on a flight at 8pm Atlanta time and arrived at 9:30 Az time....I was still sick so went to dr on Thursday turns out i have Phneomiona and the flu....so I have been in bed my birthday was yesterday Sept 25th I spent all day in bed and crying I miss Ben so much especially yesterday...my son Pablo he is my baby boy tried to make it a special day for me he had planned to take me out for dinner but i was to sick so he and his wife and kids got me a cake and ordered Chinese for me it was fun but i wish Ben were her and that i wasn't sick...It seems that since Ben left I have been sick alot...the dr says its because when he was alive all i did was care for him and i didn't think i had time for myself and did't pay attention to the symetons ...she said that it's normal for a someone like me that was the main caretaker to get ill after there loved one is gone...Nonthe less i still hate it and I hate been so alone!!!

Lucia, it was so good to read that you had a wonderful time in DC, but much less good to read how ill you are. I too have been sick on and off since losing Cliff - grief is such a physical thing as well as mental/emotional ... our immune systems are shot ... please take care of yourself and get better.

Lucia:

Your trip sounds wonderful despite your illness. Healthwise, my biggest problem is eating enough, which I need to concentrate on as I am still breastfeeding. I hope you take care of yourself and get rid of that pneumonia soon!

I miss my Scott more every day, it seems. Still, there are times I am able to smile.

Korina

Lucia,

I'm so sorry you were sick during the time you were gone, that is really the pits! I hope you were able to enjoy at least some of your time. I know when I visited back there the Holocaust Museum was one of the most profound places I visited, very hard hitting. Hope you're all well now...and I know you miss Ben, and whenever you're sick or anything happens, it just seems to accentuate it.