Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Worth Trying

mlg

Wasn't quite sure where to put this quote, but when I read it I thought about this group. It is something well, worth trying.

Try smiling for 3 minutes whether you feel like it or not. Happiness and Joy are inside jobs. Give yourself permission to be Joyful right now. You are so blessed!

I know it is so hard to be joyful but remember it justs takes baby steps. I know I am blessed, I just tend to forget it from time to time and feel sorry for myself. (This is all right too)

Today I have actually been quite happy, and then thought I seemed quite cold to the fact that Scott is gone. I don't know what to think about this. But then I look at our wedding picture....

Korina

Tonight two things happend which made me smile. Brian's daughter suggested that perhaps she could spend some nights at our home (with her little baby) when her husband is working during the evening. We both agreed this could help to ease our feelings of being alone and it would make Brian smile to see us taking care of each other. Next I found an essay I wrote for a class three months after we began dating. It was for an interpersonal relations and communications class and I had to write about the communications skills of someone in my life. As I read the essay I realized that even though we only knew each other three months Brian had presented himself as real right away. He never changed and he never tried to change me. We were so blessed to know each other and to have such a warm, loving relationship (even if it was only for 3 1/2 years). People have told me that what we had together was so obvious and that some people never have this chance in their entire lives. Sometimes this is comforting but it also brings tears for the magnitude of the loss. Just needed to share again tonight . . . .

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

Thank you for sharing this quote with us, Mary Linda. I think it is a good thing to remember, just to smile. Isn't there some scientific proof that smiling ignites some reaction inside us to increase our happiness, even just by physically moving our mouths? Not sure where I might have read that.

Sometimes, I smile through the tears just from looking at pictures. We miss them so much, but aren't we so glad to have these pictures and memories? Where would we be without them.

Thanks for sharing,

take care,

Chai