Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Dst

furkid

This is just a suggestion. I am new and while adjusting my settings, I came across the check-box for "DST". I guess I'm a little slow, but it took me several days to finally figure out that it means Daylight Savings Time.

May it can be spelled out in parenthesis the first time it's used. (Or am I the only one who had trouble with that one.) Oh well.

PK

Yes, but when you come across it in the set up, and you don't know what it means, you don't know if it IS or ISN'T important. That's why maybe using the abbreviations is not so good. . . . . . . . . . Or am I the only one who had trouble with that. I thought at first that it was referring to some kind of computer program. Oh well.

Hi PK ~ This is one of those features that is set automatically by the people who designed our Message Board (Invision Power Board), and Hospice of the Valley cannot change it. In the future, whenever I come across an acronym like this that doesn't seem familiar to me, I simply put a question in my Google search engine (or Yahoo, if you have it) and usually I can get an answer that way. For example, just now I put in "What is DST?" and got an answer immediately that it stands for Daylight Savings Time. Otherwise, just do exactly what you did here: ask us, and sooner or later someone will give you an answer (if we have an answer, that is :blush: )