Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Well today marks the two month date. I can't believe it has been this long since I have seen Brian's face and smile, felt his arms around me or heard his voice. Not really sure how I made it through these devastating two months. I know that God carried me and my friends held me up. Today there are tears. I miss him so much. Yesterday I felt his presence during worship at church. I felt him sitting beside me and standing with the Praise Band while they were playing. The peace that I felt was overwhelming . . . but it doesn't last. I hope some day it will not be so elusive.

I'm trying not to look too far into the future because it overwhelms me. Still taking life day by day. Still taking those baby steps. Today the pain is right at the surface. Today I long to have Brian with me. Today I'm not quite sure how I can get through this grief journey. Perhaps tomorrow will be more manageable.

Thanks to all my friends on this board who have supported me, offered prayer, and just listened when I needed to vent. I could not get through without all of you.

Peace, love, and blessings,

Linda

It will be three months for me on the 29th. I can't even believe that! I miss him so-o-o much.

It is really lonely not to have that person to talk to with whom you discussed EVERYTHING!

And I have been thinking about that lately. I have noticed that those who post here are describing relationships that were very, very close. Perhaps the grief is not as bad when the relationship was not all that close? I don't know.

My best to all of you,

DeeGee

Linda,

My heart goes out to you. My David left this earth 9 moths ago today. I truly wish I could tell you I was doing well today but I can't. It's raining here and I told my coworker the angels were crying for me. Now I thing thier crying for all of us. Cuz lord knows we are all in this together. i wish i could come sit with you today, if it's only to cry together.

My love and hugs

Phyllis

Hi Phyllis,

Thanks for understanding and for your offer to cry with me (which we actually could do because I'm in Reading, Pa). I'm going to go have a beer or two with my sister and brother-in-law. I think it will be better than staying home alone and they are both okay with me crying. Brian was a beer drinker and we used to have happy hour together at home on Fridays -- or lousy days. I'll just go out this time. I know he'll be right there with me. I miss him so much and today the pain is overwhelming.

Linda

Dear inspring Linda,

Your words, as I have said to you before, have been so helpful and inspiring. 2 months is still just that, only 2 months. You are doing everything in your power to heal, comfort, and get through this journey. And along the way, you have helped many of us that are with you on this walk. May you feel Brian's love and God's peace. Here is a big hug from Lancaster County.......my thoughts and prayers with you, especially tonight my friend. Blessings, Debbie

Yesterday I felt his presence during worship at church. I felt him sitting beside me and standing with the Praise Band while they were playing. The peace that I felt was overwhelming . . . but it doesn't last. I hope some day it will not be so elusive.

It was him

trying not to look too far into the future because it overwhelms me. Still taking life day by day. Still taking those baby steps. Today the pain is right at the surface. Today I long to have Brian with me. Today I'm not quite sure how I can get through this grief journey. Perhaps tomorrow will be more manageable.

to all my friends on this board who have supported me, offered prayer, and just listened when I needed to vent.

Keep posting

Thanks everyone. I made it through the dreaded day. Being with my sister helped because we talked about Brian. She loves and misses him, too. I keep reaching for those moments of clarity and peace. They are fleeting but when they do come they give some respite to my overwhelmed and devastated soul. I'm leaning on God and grappling with the questions. Prayers and hugs to all my friends.

Linda