Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I haven't been on for a while, Had a hard time with the Holidays and just didn't want to talk to anyone..Thank God for my Kids and all the the rest of my family they helped make the holidays bareable... Today is 11 months since I lost my Ben and it is also MLK Day...I have been thinking of him alot and have been missing him so much!!1 the tears still Keep coming i can't stop crying everyone says with time that will change but i don't think I will every be able to stop crying or remembering him...especially today in 1 month it will be 1 year..but today is more about just the 11 month mark..As I have told you before been was very involved with Civil Rights and he Marched with Cesar Chavez and also with Martin Luther King...He also was involved and making MLK a legal holiday in Arizona...He and I and the Children marched to the State Capitol and He spoke before the senate committee on behalf of the movement to make MLK a holiday, that is why I am missing him so much today I have been watching the movies about Martin Luther King and have listened to some news specials and I am sitting here with my granddaughter watching a movie about the bus boycotts, and remembering all the times he and I were on Marches and boycotts and all the danger that we were in but we were young and didn't think about that...I miss him so much today I cried myself to sleep last night because I was remembering him and all the fun we had together...Maybe some day I won't miss him as much as I do right now!!!1

Lucia

I read your post and I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Ben. My heart felt sympathy.

Elaine

Lucia Abeytia,

What a bond you and your family have...to be together to share your beliefs and to have the adventures and strengths

that you had as a couple and a family. I would say you both had your true love...the one that walks the same path...

I don't think there is anything wrong with missing your True Love...

...our tears bring new love to flowers that may have never bloomed...God Bless You and Your Husband...and your Children..

Love and Peace,

Babs

Lucia - - You must be so proud of your Ben. He sounds like a wonderful man and the kind of man that the world really needs. I lost my Stephen just a little over a year ago and time has not healed the sadness, but it has made me stronger, stronger than I ever imagined I could be. I believe that is because Stephen is in my heart and is giving me the strength I need just to make it through every day. I am sorry that Ben and Stephen did not have a chance to meet. Stephen would have respected Ben's strength and probably would have walked shoulder to shoulder with him. I truly believe that your Ben is with you, too. I hope that you find some comfort. Don't worry about the tears. We all have them and they seem to provide a release that we need. I will be thinking about you today. It is truly a special day for all of us.

Kathy

It is my hope that when I approach the one year mark, while I will continue to miss Scott deeply, I will continue to draw on our love for strength, and that this strength will help me embrace my life with my daughter, friends and family. Lucia, it sounds like you have a wonderful family. My heart and thoughts are with you.

Korina