Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Missing My Mom

Hi all, I'm new here would like to tell my story and hope for some sort of relief.

Her name was Patricia Weaver and she was VP of Disney Cruise Line, but more importantly the perfect mother. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2006. She beat it twice, but third time was a charm. She past away October 14, 2009 after just turning 54. WAY too young to lose someone who you lean on for everything.

So next month will be a year. I still can't help but cry every time I think of her. She was the most beautiful thing god has ever created. Sometimes I feel as if maybe I'm depressed because I cannot find joy in anything anymore. I haven't had a girlfriend in 2 years also which I think contributes because I feel so alone.

momma.jpg

Here is a picture of my mom and I on a trip to France :)

-Kyle, 21 Florida

I can relate to feeling that your mom was too young to pass away. My mom was only 56. She also passed away from cancer. I am not as close to the 1 year mark as you are. I am sorry for your loss. I know that words can't make the pain go away. One thing that helps me at times is writing my mom letters. I have a journal I tell her about everything going on. I express how much I miss her and how unfair it is that she is gone. Maybe you already do write to her. Sending happy memories your way.

Hi Kyle,

You had a wonderful mom. When I think of my loved one, I try and always do my best, knowing she would be proud of me and love me still the same as it was when she was here. I believe in life after death, and I do get sad and depressed but working hard makes up for it eventually.

Take care,

Kavish

hi Kyle,

I'm so sorry about the loss of your sweet Mom. Welcome to this site, I hope you will find some tiny comfort knowing you are not alone and others can relate to some of your feelings. While we each have our own grief, there can be similarities.

I wil hit the one year mark in December for when I lost my Dad suddenly. I too cry so much thinking of him, thinking of all we had left to do in life, he was 64, still working 5 days a week and just had such a zest for life. I feel so cheated.

I too cannot find joy in anything anymore, I just go through the motions of life these days always missing my Dad and wishing things were different.

all I can do is offer you a ((((HUG)))), there just are no words of comfort,

Niamh

PS, what a beautiful photo of the two of you, I too have a couple of photos (NEVER enough) of my Dad and I our last couple of vacations together.

• 1 month later...