Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Baby Is Gone

He was my baby! I mean 26 and Im 28...Today, i looked at our pics and all i can say is "my baby is gone, he is actually GONE!!" I cant believe it! He was so happy, WE were happy...and now i'll never hear his voice again, see that smile again or hear him talk to me in that special baby language that we had... This weekend I spend with couples - i cant believe that i am not a couple anymore. Have no-one to snuggle with, ask to "rub my feet" and no one to share my silly thoughts with:( How can he be gone!!! I couldnt go to work yesterday because the weekend away with couples was too much for me.. Plus i had a dream that he was driving me around (like we usually did) and I woke up thinking about how I have to drive myself around now:( I miss those little things so much. We were so close - my best friend:(

I am in the same spot, it's will be 5 months tomorrow and I still can't believe it. As I drove home yesterday it hit me again as if it was the first time I ever thought about it (Oh my God I can't believe she is not here anymore) She is all I can think of all day every day and still when it hits me it seems like it gets more intense as time goes on. It gets overwhelming every time I think about what happened. It is just so hard to imagine her not being here anymore. I keep her close in my heart but I miss the physical touch that you described and the silly things we would say and do that nobody else gets. God help us all heal these huge spots left in our lives. I do want to recover from this, I just don't know how yet. Take care..BW

Bill I hear you. Everyday it hits me and it actually gets worse...Its like youll just be eating/driving and you realise (HE IS GONE!!! I cannot believe this) and then the hurt just becomes unbearable...There is no initial shock/denial that you feel when you first get the news, now its just plain raw feelings of hurt and realisation. I miss his soft hands and his kiss, I miss his presence and his voice...

Though I do know it is true, at over a year, there are many moments when I just shake my head in disbelief. Scott was my best friend, we were a team, and I LOVED being his wife. It made me feel so special.

But the days do eventually become more bearable, so hang in there.

Korina