Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Overwhelming Deaths

emcee

My boss's father just passed away over the weekend. I went to the funeral but I just dont know what to say to him. I just lost my little sister three months ago and Im still not over it. Death seems to be around me this year.

• 1 month later...

hello,

for whatever reason it seems as though tragedy never happens just once! when I was 13 I lost 3 people who were very close to me...and once again...I lost my grandmother and grandfather within a year of one another...

what I try to remind myself of is that my loved one would not want me to be so sad and depressed over their passing...so I try to do whatever I can to keep on going....

smile.gif

mel

I have had that same weird feeling about death being around me this year. IN the last few years I have lost my best friend to Multiple Sclerosis, then a year and half later my mother, then a few months after that my cousin's husband died of an aneurism and he was only in his late thirties.

It feels surreal and it keeps bringing my attention back to my own mortality and how I am spending my life.

• 2 weeks later...

HI, I TOO THINK DEATH IS AROUND ME THIS YEAR. I LOST MY MOM IN APRIL AND JUST LOST MY DAD YESTERDAY AND I HAVE ALOT OF CLOSE NEIGHBOURS DYING AS WELL. SO I CAN KIND OF FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH

Starkiss, I am so sorry about you losing your father. I understand how heartbreaking these passages are that we all seem to have to go through. Keep writing on the website when you can. The act of writing seems to help.

• 2 months later...