Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Heading Back To Work Today

I am feeling a little sad to go back to work today. I will be going back only on half days for now. I know I am very good at what I do so I am not sure why I feel frightened. My work week is Tues through Sat. I suppose even still I wish Melissa were here to give me a hug. I so need a hug, it has been far too long. My cat knows what I need, and has been very affectionate this morning. I am so grateful for that. What a blessing my cat is for me. I carry Melissa inside me now everywhere I go, so I know she is with me, but I still miss that hug.

sad.gif Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

Carol Ann,

Good luck at work today, Hon! How long has it been since you lost Melissa?

Hi Carol Ann,

I do hope your day went well. It's a little tricky trying to get 'back into the swing'. At least you're confident of your abilities....that will help a great deal.

Isn't it amazing how animals can tune into our feelings without saying a word? I believe they subliminally just 'know'.

I can relate to the hugs. Clint was the only man who held me while we slept. I used to feel like the most loved woman in the world! I do miss those hugs, too.

Carol Ann,

Good luck at work today, Hon! How long has it been since you lost Melissa?

7 years this December 25th.

Thank you all. Emotionally it went well. Physically it was a challenge, that caused some saddness for me. I think I may have taken on to much doing 20 hours per week. It is hard for me to be loosing the strong body that I once had. My stamina is just not what it once was. Not really sure why but I cried in my car on the way home. Anyhow, today is another day.

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann