Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Wishes From Far Away

dear far away friends old ones and new ones.hollidays again and this time of the year pain is deeper.im thinking allof you that suffer the same grief.i want to keep hope in my heart that it is going to be easier the coming year.In greece economik situation is worst than ever.Facing every day and geting poor every sngle day is a nightmare.It has been 4 years alone and I feel like Im living the life of a stranger I dont know.I have lost myself .This is not the life we dreamed for. love from far away TENY

Thank you, Teny,

Yes, it's my first Christmas without my Clint and I miss him more than ever. The pain, is deep and I have no idea how many I'll have to suffer through before the pain lessens. I'm hoping the coming year will bring peace in your life and that conditions will improve where you are. I, too, feel like someone else. My life is so much different and the daily sorrow is always there. Here's praying we all get through our holiday and all the days of the coming years. Thank you.

Hi Teny, it's good to hear from you. My little sister is in Athens right now for the holidays. I pray for the unrest and rioting going on. She told us about the garbage workers being on strike and how beautiful the ruins are. A country with many incongruities...

Take care of yourself and I hope you enjoy your family at Christmas.

Warmest wishes,

Kay

Thinking of you Teny and hope there is some peace ahead for us. This is my fifth Christmas without Larry and I still wish for the life we had. The economy is not very good here either. I know I am struggling to keep it all going and my health has paid the price. I've tried emailing you several times but I don't think you receive them. Take care of yourself, Deborah

Thank you Teny...and back to you. Nearly 7 years alone for me Teny and I can tell you that I so understand your statement "I've lost myself" but I want to share that I have found myself again and I love what I have found. My prayer is that it will be so for you in time as well, as I pray for everyone here.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Dear Teny, It is the 4th Christmas for me alone...& the economy is crashing in the US & Arizona. I find my self hanging on...grateful for my job, & the fact that I've managed to hang on to my house. Every day is a blessing...I have a roof over my head & my old dog & my kitty.

I've simply refused to compare myself with others this Christmas...I'm broke...but I'm not poor! The ladies I work with are poor...complaining of the facts that husband doesn't fix stuff...& I had to buy a new Christmas tree...& I just think how Lucky they are to have a husband! 2 Incomes!

I bought a few things for our adopted fanily at work...brand new stuff for a Boy named Freedom...as I looked at my work shoes...they were new 8 months ago...& I have worn them every day for 8 months! The poor women I work with are showing me their newest pair of boots...UGG boots...& telling me they have to go to Kohl's & spend their Christmas cash! The more you shop...the mre you save!

My shoes will serve me well...& my gift for Freedom, too. I keep in mind the widow's mite