Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Anger At People

hello123

I just watched this film called Rabbit Hole about a couple who have lost their 4year old son and she's in the supermarket and this woman asks are you a mom and then says no i didnt think so which upsets the woman so she slaps her and when someone else tries to explain to the other woman sorry but shes just lost her son the woman says "I dont care". This is so reflective of people when a woman rang from the bank trying to sell me life insurance a few months after my dad she was so rude even after I explained I was young (didnt need it) and a student (couldnt afford it) and when I apologised for seeming rude and said its because my dad has just died she said "I dont care thats no excuse". It makes me SO angry everyone around me, I thought the anger went but I was reminded of the insensitivity of people which makes me angry, people say oh dont worry this will happen to them one day and then they'll feel bad for the way they treated you but no it won't happen to them because when their dads die they will be old and it will be expected, my really good friend was really supportive after the first few months and now has been so rude to me because I wouldnt go to her birthday party, I cant even explain how angry this makes me I hate her I want her dad to die but oh she wont even care that much because she doesnt like him and she was telling me how he does stuff to seek attention like pretend hes dying WHAT THE HELL people like THAT should die and people who are rude and insensitive should experience grief. I know the anger will pass maybe after a goodnights sleep but when its here I dunno what to do grit my teeth punch something but it just gives me a headache.

Are you me? I could really relate to this. I am often baffled at people's insensitivity because I feel like I've gone through this huge trauma, and the least people could do is be nice. Is politeness dead? Sometimes a long sleep helps ease the anger, but sometimes the anger flares and it becomes really hard to control it.

I feel your pain too. This is a characterisic of grief that really sends me for a loop. One moment I'm "ok" and the next whatever emotion is going to him me hits me like a 2 ton truck. I wish, for me, that I could just take baby steps forward instead of one step forward two steps back.

Hello123, please have some peace, if you can. If you need to beat the stuffing out of a pillow and scream, that sounds good too.

Take care.

2sweetgirls

I am sorry for your losses and it is OK to feel angry. I went through this early on in my travels through grief and loss. I want to tell you about a book that helped me a great deal with my anger. The book title is Anger: Wisdom for Cooling the Flames it is written by a Bhuddist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh, and you can find it on Amazon or perhaps your local library, and your local women's centre may have it.

I carry you all in gentle thought and prayer.

Courage and Blessings, Carol Ann

• 1 month later...

I'm angry all the time now, it's become a permanent part of my nature! People annoy the hell out of me especially those who don't understand, or every time I hear I know what you’re going through. My idiot friends talking about how they lost a grandparent who lived in another state whom they never knew... Hello it's not the same as loosing the woman who was my grandmother, mother, bestfriend, sister, most important person in my world. This was like the loss of a parent and s*** I already lost her daughter (my birth mother) 8yrs prior in 2002. I lost the only two people in the world who gave me unconditional love. I come from a long line of hard asses, we are go getters, strait shooters, success stories, but we are all assholes!!!!!!! We can all be very insensitive, overly critical, and overbearing! I lost the only sane woman in my world! So yes I'm angry!!!!!! angry all the time!!!!!!