Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Online Memorial For My Grandma

tricketts

On September 25, 2000, I was 14 years old when my Grandma passed away. She was like a mother to me. It was very hard for me at the time and has never been easy. Over the past 10 years, I have thought about her constantly and miss her very much. My profession is a web developer so I decided that I would create an online memorial to honor her life. However, I couldn't find any out there that I liked, so I built my own. While I was building her memorial, I thought it would be great if everyone else could do the same thing I'm doing for their lost loved one.

Today, I have launched the online memorial for my beautiful grandmother and also a website to allow you to create an online memorial for your lost loved one. I have been working on this project for the past 3 years. I'm not charging anyone a single penny to use the site. If you would like to view the memorial for my grandma please visit http://www.never-gone.com/memorials/hazel

If you would like to create an online memorial for your lost loved one, just go to the main site http://www.Never-Gone.com

Feel free to leave me suggestions and your thoughts.

Dear Friend,

Ordinarily we do not permit members to use this site to advertise or promote outside businesses (see the link to Grief Healing Discussion Group Guidelines at the top of our main page) ~ but since the service you offer is free, I've decided to let your post stand. Having visited your site, I must say that it is quite beautiful, and certainly a wonderful and lasting tribute to your precious grandmother. How generous of you to use your talents to enable others to follow in your footsteps, constructing memorial tributes of their own!

To help "get the word out" about the lovely service you offer, I've placed a link to your site on the Memorials ~ Funerals ~ Rituals page of my Grief Healing Web site, and I wish you every success with it.

Hi Marty,

I very much appreciate the link you have provided on your site to my site. I have spent several years designing and developing this website. I am extremely happy that you have enjoyed it and I hope that it will give many others a way to remember their lost loved ones as I have my grandmother. I truly appreciate you leaving my link on the forum as I know this will be useful to many people. I'm not charging a dime for the use of the site and never will. God bless you and your family.

Tony

Dear Tony,

I just wanted to say thank you for your generousity. I appreciate and know so well the pain of loss. I am not able to go on your site and actually look for it only serves to exacerbate my pain further; as it is a painful reminder to me I have no photos of my family. I was born into a violent alcholic family, rampant with incest, neglect, physcial abuse, verbal abuse and I am learning from my therapist some of it was torture. I am the only surviving member of my immediate family: My Father, My Mother, My five siblings, one my twin, all have died. I have not one picture of any of them. Growing up in violence does not provide an environment for picture taking. My wife committed suicide just over 7 years ago now and I have only one picture of her that she asked me to take on the morning of her suicide. My wife knew she was taking her life in that moment and wanted me to at least have her photo. The fact she did not like to have her photo taken is something I'd rather not share on this public forum. I was not going to share my feelings here at all but then felt this whisper from God to go ahead so I did.

The fact I still have 3 Uncles who are still alive cause me to feel fear even though they are currently in prison. One day they may not be so till the day I learn they to have died I will not be able to have any kind of memorial for my wife so publically. I do have one I made for my own viewing with the one photo I do have.

I know that it will be of great service to many so I thank you. I am so deeply sorry for the loss of your Grandma. I relate to you as my Grandmother was more of a Mother to me than my own Mother. God, my Wife, and my Grandmother are the reasons I am alive today.

Please don't hear me say you have done wrong, not at all. I suppose I just want to be heard and known that not every human feels safe or has photos to make such a memorial.

God forgive me if I did something wrong here but I know it is God who is whispering and encouraging me to say my words and I always listen to His whispers.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

Hi Carol Ann,

That is a very sad and extremely hard past that you have been through. However, from here, it can only get better, keep your head up. You have to keep the mindset that I do, and that is - He will ALWAYS show you the way. I definitely understand that you find it hard to create an online memorial for your lost loved one and it may not be for everyone. I want to let you know that we also do have security settings allowing you to hide memorials from view of the public, set passwords, etc. I hope that you can find the strength to carry on and lead a happy and joy filled life. God bless you.

Tony

Dear Tony,

Bless you for your response. I would like to let you kow that I am particularly sensitive at present as during the week of Feb 6 through Feb 12 is a week full of anniversaries of deaths for me, with one being my Grandmother.

Please I want to reitierate what a wonderful thing you have done for your Grandmother and the blessing of your generousity for others. I do apologize for my extreme sensitivity when I read your post. Please know it has everything to do with my life and nothing you have done wrong.

God has always been with me and has always carried me when I can not. Be rest assured in that. As far as my strength, it is a given, this I know. As far as finding joy in life, I do. I have been on this path of healing for some time now, and the days of being curled up in a ball not wanting to even face life are long since over for me now. In fact, my wings are spread and I am flying now.

Tony,

What a nice gesture, and beautiful, generous way to memorialize your grandmother. You've done a great job with the site and I'm sure many will appreciate all the love and effort you've put into it.

Carol Ann,

Your feelings do not seem overly sensitive at all; I'm certain we all understand why you feel as you do. My thoughts and positive energy to you during this particularly difficult time of year for you. You're a miracle in your own right.

~ Steve

Dear Tony,

That is really nice! I think online memorials are really valuable. How good of you to offer this for free as well.

When my mother's obituary was printed in the newspaper, an online memorial ended up being created at legacy.com. I go back there every week or so and had the opportunity to express myself in writing as well.

Dear Tony,

It is just upon to heart today to speak to you. I do realize that receiving my post must have felt like a slap in face I am sure. I do want to apologize that at times my pain is so great, I react, with giving it any thought.

I have been on your site and the memorial to your Grandmother and it is glorious! You have done an absolutley fantastic job with it. Tears came rolling down my face, wonderfully healing tears.

Bless you and thank you for your generousity again.