Grief Healing Discussion Groups

First Year Since Moms Death

Today is a year since my mom died and I am feeling terribly sad. I don't feel much like eating and I keep thinking about that last day I was with her and feel so bad. She was going downhill but you never really know when its going to happen to someone so close to you. When you lose someone you love it hurts so bad and I feel like crying and crying. I wish I could just see her for a short time to tell her how much I love her. I know its going to be like this but I will continue to miss her and be sad.

I am sorry for the pain of loss. I resonate with you. I also encourage you to let the feelings out. "feeling is healing" I borrowed that mantra from a friend but I believe it to be so true.

I still at times, am in tears when I think on my Father, my only parent whom I loved.

I don't think we ever stop wanting a parent that was able to be a "parent" for us. Especially, when life's struggles appear.

I just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Blessings and Courage, Carol Ann

My Dad's first year anniversary was recently along with his birthday.They were both very hard.He feels so far away from me now.Everyday I miss him more it seems.I'm sorry for your pain and know it well.Grace, I still bought him a card,and wrote to him in it.Someone on this site a long time ago mentioned doing that,and I liked the idea of doing it every year.I cried so hard writing to him but at least I feel like I'm doing something for him.It helped a little.Love and peace to everyone.

I'm sorry pattysmooth for the sadness you feel. The anniversaries are so so so hard. If you feel like crying go ahead and cry cry cry, that's your absolute right. I'm sorry you keep thinking of the last day with her.......i find that so hard aswell when I think of the last time I saw my Dad, I had absolutely no clue at all that 7 hours later he would be gone from me.

I hope you made it through the day as best you could. sending a hug and love your way

Niamh

My Dad's first year anniversary was recently along with his birthday.They were both very hard.He feels so far away from me now.Everyday I miss him more it seems.I'm sorry for your pain and know it well.Grace, I still bought him a card,and wrote to him in it.Someone on this site a long time ago mentioned doing that,and I liked the idea of doing it every year.I cried so hard writing to him but at least I feel like I'm doing something for him.It helped a little.Love and peace to everyone.

I know it's late but Belated Happy Birthday to your Daddy loulou. I'm glad you got him a card and wrote to him, I'll be doing that too in April.

hugs and love to you sweetie, thinking of you always, wub.gif

xox

loulou,

What an interesting idea of buying cards. I ended up looking at cards this month for Valentine's, and when the email arrived from the flower place where I usually order flowers, I ended up picking out the flower arrangement that I think she would have liked.

Mother, many years before she passed on, just stopped sending cards, making phone calls, writing letters, and sending gifts. I guess it was a dementia thing or just too much effort. Not sure how much she liked cards or gifts, but she always liked flowers!

I think I am going to buy flowers on Sunday in honor of mother, and probably daisies, one of her most favorites.