Grief Healing Discussion Groups

I Need Some Answers :)

Hi all,

I'm 18 and my Mum passed away about 2 years ago. Since then I haven't been able to cry about it or really talk about it that much. There is one other weird thing aswell, I kinda feel like I don't miss her when I know I think I probably do. Does that sound strange? I just wondered if any of you had felt like this?

Amy

Amy, dear, I'm so sorry to learn of the death of your mother, and sorrier still that it happened when you were only 16. So much of how you'll react to a significant loss like this depends upon the support you have around you. You don't say anything about how understanding or available your family or your friends are to you, and I'm wondering if this may be a factor in your being unable to cry or to talk about your mother's death. You need someone you trust who will invite you to share what you are feeling and thinking about all of this. Joining this forum is an important first step, and I hope that you will hear from other members whose experiences are similar to your own. Until that happens, I invite you to read my article, Teen Coping with the Death of a Parent, as I think the content will speak to you, and I hope you will follow some of the suggestions you'll find there.