Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Longing To Be Happy?

I don't know if anyones had this but I haven't at all up till now. I finished my degree today had my last exam and everyones relieved congratulating each other and I feel sadness so much, but also a different feeling I WISH so bad that could be me. I wish everything was fine and my mum and dad were home and I rang them saying I've finished and I'm happy and everythings fine. I hate this feeling so much I don't know what to do, normally when I'm sad I embrace it and accept it but today I just WISH so bad that I could be carefree and happy again and I can't and that makes me sad.

Hello 123,

Congratulations for completing your degree! What a great achievement.

It is sad when you achieve such wonderful things and don't have your loved one to share that with. It is just sad. After three years of widowhood, I still wish Dick was here to share with me even the smallest success. It's so natural to want to share with someone you love.

Wish I had some wonderful thing to tell you to make it better, but I don't. It's just what it is.

Hope you can find some satisfaction in what you have accomplished in site of your loss. Maybe that thought would be helpful.

Anne

Congratulations! You should be very proud of yourself!

I felt this way this morning actually. I'm tired of grieving. I'm tired of being sad. I want to be happy, but at the same time I don't want to be happy in this new life. I want my mom back and I want everything to go back to normal.