Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One Of Those Moments

Now that we live 1400 miles away from Grandma's home and grave - there are moments where my mind doesn't remember she is gone. I miss her so much and just want to go to her house and grave and visit.

Well, got home with the kids and had a few minutes to spare and the thought, "I think I will call Grandma and tell her how much fun the kids had." I even dialed the number. Reality hit right before the "The number you have dialed is no longer in service." Miss you Grandma. Wish I could have taken you to the park with the kids today. Wish I could eat lunch with you one more time. You are the most beautiful person I will ever meet.

Guest Nicholas

Babypod, every time I make a good (book) sale or sell a book my son found for me, I just long to tell him, but instead talk to emptiness.

Nicholas

Yea, whenever I have a student that does something funny I would come up after the lesson and tell my mom about it. Now I come up to a deafening quietness. It's going to really hurt when I have something serious that I need to discuss with someone. She was my mom, best friend and therapist wrapped up in one.

So yes I also have those times when I forget but because this is new for me I imagine I'll have alot more as time goes by. I'm always telling my mom about things that happen to me in the day but I also wish I could just hear a response one more time!

I still have many moments throughout the day where I think to myself that I should call my mom and tell her (fill in the blank). It's almost like living in two worlds at once, because I realize as I'm thinking it that she's no longer here and I can't call her. It's a very unsettling feeling to think both things at once.