Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Valentines Day Second Year

Hello To All,

Today is the second anniversary of my wife Ruth joining the Lord, she left this world on 2/14/2010...I have made great progress on this grief journey but today the path is clouded with tears of rain and fog....holidays are hard and birthdays as well but today I feel the gut wrenching, panic, emptiness, and just plain missing my wife Ruth feeling...I am with someone as many of you know and she is a widow herself so I have great support as she knows where we are, but the feelings of grief are still present and the sadness is renewed for me today as this was such a special day for us, we made it special from the first year, acting like teenagers sharing the candy, placing several cards around the house to be found and sending flowers or bringing them home, and all the LOVE is unexplainable the happinness we brought to each other was the best that it could be...many have asked me since I am in Love with someone again does that not change it? No...we have our own unique feelings regarding Valentines Day Brenda and her husband didn't celebrate as we did and she fully understands what happens to me today, we have shared our feelings and have a nice comfort zone...

I had thought about taking the day off as I feel I won't be at my 110% I push for daily but still undecided I have about an hour before I need to decide, I'll most likely go in as what would be the point staying home and going thru being so uneasy and I know Ruth would not want me just laying around drowning in my tears...I have come a long way to do this would seem as if I'm taking a step back but I'll see how my heart guides me...I hope all of you are comforted today in someway as we all are going to be missing our beloved spouse's today...

May God Bless All...

NATS

To You My Wife, Happy Valentines Day you are with me always....Love me.

post-13726-132922640381_thumb.gif

Ok..update.. I am going to continue forward on this path, I'll step away when the tears and fog cloud my way...

going knowing Ruth is watching over me...and I have a good crew with me today for support...

NATS

Oh Nats, my heartfelt love and support to you today, my prayers are with you. I'm glad you will not be alone today.