Grief Healing Discussion Groups

No More Pain

susavi

3 years ago I had to put my Lab down with cancer of the lungs. Yesterday I had to put my shepard down because she had very bad arthirittis in her back and she was no longer able to walk had to carry her everywhere. Had both of the dogs for 11 years. Suzie the shepard was my very constant companion as I lost my husband 18 months ago. This was a very hard thing to do but she was suffering and I am not one to allow this to happen she was there for me when I needed some comfort and I was there when she needed comfort at the end. Now the 3 of them are together again going over the rainbow bridge, playing and running and watching over me. Have fun you guys and I will be thinking of you always

I am sorry you've had so many losses. One in and of itself would be quite enough, but when they stack up like that, wow, it's hard. Please accept my sympathy, my thoughts are with you. My dog is my life so I understand how hard this must be for you.

I am new to chat rooms, but here goes. I agree. That is a lot of loss. I can relate to having to carry your dog because he could not walk. I had to euthanize my beloved 13 year old lab yesterday because he ultimately lost his rear legs neurologically. I hope we can both heal.

Twist, I am sorry for your loss as well, it is very hard. I do not look forward to the day when I have to go through this again, I wish dogs could live longer.

I am thankful for this chat room and I want to thank you for all your kind words and to let you know we all feel the same pain and can share the sorrow with people who love their pets. I really miss Suzie but she is longer in any pain looking at me saying it hurts with her eyes. She is running now at the side of my husband and her friend Cleo

• 3 weeks later...