Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Remembering Others

One of my close friends' son is fighting the fire in Colorado Springs. She just heard from him after 30 long hours of waiting for that call. He says it is terrible, is resting and will return to the fire in a couple of hours. He has been involved since day 1 and she waits for his calls regularly never knowing if it will come. It made me think that in the midst of all the pain we are all in here (and we all know that is horrific), there are so many at risk in Colorado. Many houses that have already burned, and so many firefighters are risking their lives to get these fires under control. So maybe all of us could send some thoughts of energy, hope, and safety to all those folks out there. Just the sound of a forest fire is frightening. Bill and I drove the edges of one when we were driving from New Mexico to Colorado once...not knowing we were as close to the fire as we were...and the black air, the smoke, and the sounds alone were terrifying. We stopped at a rest stop where some firefighters were taking a break and I shall never forget the exhausted faces we saw.

Just a thought. It helps me in my own sadness and pain to pause often and remember others are in pain also, it does not diminish my pain but reminds me that I am not the only one hurting...that is why this forum helps me a lot.

Peace

Mary

There are a lot of prayers going up for those involved in the fires.

They are in my prayers! Pike National Forest was our back yard growing up as kids in Colorado. I have seen many forest fires, and my father and 2 oldest bothers fought many in the 60's, after the pine Beatles came though and killed so many of the pine, trees. We were hired by the forest service to clear all the dead wood from around the camp grounds, and back then they did controlled burns. They do not do that today, to many environmentalists stop them now. So this are the results from years of dead brush and trees all over the place. I pray that no one is harmed or worse looses a life from this.

God Bless,

Dwayne

Lots of prayers and positive thoughts going out to the firefighters, and to the people whose homes may be affected. I have a young great nephew in the army, who is overseas right now, but his wife and children are in that area, they are fine for moment, but we are of course all concerned.

Mary (Queeniemary) in Arkansas