Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Why Am I Feeling So Emotional Still

STARKISS

Hi All,

I am wondering why I am still so emotional, It has been almost eight years since my parents died... I lost my dog a few years ago, and now the house where just is buried but now I am just back to crying alot more than I have in other years and I am so confused why I am so upset... I want to be normal, I am dealing with sexual abuse, emotional abuse, and depression and anxiety... I am on medications for depression and ADD and fear that I am going to stay sad ... I am scared to go and ask the doctor about it because she might put me on more medications... I just want to be normal... shelley

Shelley, dear, I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way ~ but the truth is that the only person who can really help in this situation IS your doctor, because he or she is the one familiar with whatever medications you're taking and why, including their expected beneficial effects and their not-so-desirable side-effects ~ as well as their interactions with each other. So you simply must talk with your doctor about how you're feeling, being as open and as honest as you are with us, so that proper adjustments can be made. Nowadays there are dozens upon dozens of different medications that can be tried, and since everyone is different, your reaction to certain medications will be unique to you ~ The only way you can find the right combination is to try for a while, observe your own reactions, and report them back to your doctor. You are not the first person to be dissatisfied with how a certain medication makes you feel. The type of drug can be changed, or the dosage may be wrong. The point is that adjustments can be made, and they are to be expected. It doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be placed on MORE medication ~ maybe all you need is to have the dosage or the type of pill adjusted. Please talk to your doctor about this. You just need to work together to find the combination that is right for you. Okay?

Hi Marty,

I guess I will have to talk with my doctor, I am going to be as honest as I can be with her...I just feel so misunderstood by people lately and I feel no one takes me seriously anymore... I feel sometimes it is just better to hide it all inside of me and what I have all ready said maybe I should not have said to anyone... Does this make sense... shelley

Yes Shelley, it makes sense. We seem to have apprehension about sharing ourselves, but I think it'd be good to talk to your doctor candidly...he/she can't help you effectively without complete disclosure. I wish it didn't hurt so much, but I'm hopeful the doctor can help you, even if it takes a while to work through it.

Hi Shelley,

There is no time limit on grief Hun. And there is many times delayed grief. And also you will cycle through the stages of grief. I lost my Mom to Murder at age 15. I am 39 now and very my much still at the beginning most days. I was sexually abused and raped for 10yrs by my stepfather prior to him killing her. I have depression, bipolar, flashbacks, anxiety etc... And am in therapy and on many meds... Depakote, Saphris, Remeron, Topamax, Klonopin, Seroquel, and Lexapro. It took a long time to get the right "cocktail" of meds and still I have trouble. I was just taken off Wellbutrin and put on the Lexapro. Be honest with your dr Hun. And be easy on yourself... Grief, abuse, depression is a lot to manage. One day one minute at a time. I'm there with you. Message me anytime. ((((Gentle hugs)))) if you want them.

God bless.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, another special day to gether through tomorrow ... It would have been my parents wedding anniversary ... I just think that I am putting to much into the special days and becoming a really big cry baby...

I am trying hypnosis to help deal with some of my grief issues I do still suffer with... shelley

Shelley, I hope that is of help to you. There's not a June 10 that goes by but what I don't ponder...my parents' anniversary, and my dad has been gone for nearly 31 years now. Some days are just such reminders.