Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Lost My Cat And Grandma Five Days Apart. :(

july is never going to be the same for me again. july 1st i had to put my cat to sleep. my grandma was the first person i wanted to call. i always talked to her but this day i couldn't get a hold of her. i found out later on the 4th it was cause she had been in the hospital. 2 days later on july 6 my beautiful grandma passed away. still can't belive it.

I'm sorry you lost not only your cat, but your grandma, I know that seems like too much at once. My heart goes out to you. I know the pain you're in, I've been there. I'm just so sorry.

thank you kayC. i miss them both so much. i have lost so many within 10 years. '03 my mom passed, '06 my uncle, '09 my aunt and now in 2012 my furkid and my grandma. how do you get over something like that.

the tears come less and less as the years go by but the hurt in your heart is still their. :(

I know. Believe me, I know. We just go on because we have no choice. We live with the hole in our heart that is them. We learn to exist without them, missing them. It is different, life is never the same. But I do continually look forward to the day we'll be reunited.