Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Anne reminded me that it is the Spring equinox today. This is a special festival for Pete and I. We celebrated them all but this one was special. I shall light a candle tonight. I shan't be able to carry out the rituals that Pete and I did together as it will hurt me too much. But I thought I would like to share this with you, my dear friends in grief. I will look for a suitable poem by my beloved Pete and post it on Pinterest. I will try to connect with him by meditation. I will know that he wants me to try to keep going and I will hope that one day I will be reunited with him. I wish you all Peace. Jan

Jan, what is it that was special to you and Pete about this day? I never knew anyone to celebrate it, but anything that signifies Spring coming is good news to me! I hope the meditation helps...

That looks like here in June...right now it's cold and windy, storming.

We celebrated the full moon, the solstices and the equinoxes. We considered ourselves to be Pantheists so celebrated the earth, well the universe really. But now I find that a belief without personal survival won't do. I need to feel that Pete's personality has carried on and I'm not sure what I beleive now. I think Pete would be going through exactly the same route I am following. But I still want to celebrate these events and the equinox being the coming of spring is important Kay. I'm searching.

Come to think of it, I think you told me that once before and I'd forgotten...I apologize for my old brain! :) I understand and I think it's cool! The earth gives so much to us...

We celebrated the full moon, the solstices and the equinoxes. We considered ourselves to be Pantheists so celebrated the earth, well the universe really. But now I find that a belief without personal survival won't do. I need to feel that Pete's personality has carried on and I'm not sure what I beleive now. I think Pete would be going through exactly the same route I am following. But I still want to celebrate these events and the equinox being the coming of spring is important Kay. I'm searching.

I celebrate these also. The turning of the seasons is the earth's way of reminding us that as the year dies and is renewed, so are our loved ones. That's how I feel, anyway.