Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Surviving This Time Of Year

Yesterday my pastor asked me to speak at our advent service...normally it is a family that comes up to light the candle and speak their piece...but without George, it is "just me" this year. I felt so alone and just felt depressed all day. Then today I come on line and what do I find? Marty has listed a wonderful article of surviving the holidays and in it she gives a suggestion: "Hang a stocking in your loved one's memory, and ask each family member to express their thoughts and feelings by writing a note to, from or about your loved one, and place the notes in that special stocking for everyone to read." I thought this was a wonderful idea...I wondered what I was going to do with his stocking, the stocking I made for him for our first Christmas...thank you, Marty!

Yesterday my pastor asked me to speak at our advent service...normally it is a family that comes up to light the candle and speak their piece...but without George, it is "just me" this year. I felt so alone

Bless You kayc for being so strong. :) I have a hard enough time just going into a church. I cannot imagine speaking to the assembly.

Before her disabling MS Jeannie was a Sunday School teacher and always looked forward to Sundays with the young children. :)

I bet that your message was inspiring to the group and I am sure that they admired your courage and respected the honour paid to George.