Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Angel, My Daughter

annagoodwin

I miss my daughter Christina Marie so much. She was 38 when she died of PNET's. I have complicated grief, but can't find anyone to help me. Thank you.

post-16972-0-30750500-1413253571_thumb.j

I am so very sorry for your loss. Losing a child, no matter the age, is so very difficult and I am glad you are reaching out for help.

The Association for Death Education and Counseling (ADEC) has a list of certified grief counselors. You can look at this link and see if there is one nearby.

http://www.adec.org/source/FindAThanatologist/index2.cfm?section=Find_A_Thanatologist

Another idea is to call your local Hospice centers and see if they can assist you in finding a counselor who is trained. Some Hospice centers have ongoing support groups as well as counseling.

You are, of course, welcome to be a part of this circle of people here. We welcome you and will support. I hope you will return and reap the benefits of being here with us, sharing your story and your pain. Again, I am so very sorry.

• 3 weeks later...

I can't imagine the pain of losing a child, it was hard enough losing my husband. I am just so sorry for your loss. We have a section on "loss of child" where others have posted their losses, it might help to know you are not alone. I hope you feel free to come back here and post or read through the threads any time.

• 5 years later...

Just seeing this at the end of my teather, Im crying for you. I wan't comfort and answers too but they do not exist. We need to get through alone and Im not strong 

Ive had zero comfort and friends disappear. times I feel like a warrior and other times feel like I'm on my way to the gallo's I need someone to talk to so bad

• Like 1

Hi Linda, I lost my 37 year old daughter almost 7 yrs. ago to pancreatic cancer.  I don't know how old your daughter was but we all understand how you feel believe me, we do.  You can talk to me any time you wish.  You will see above under Christina Marie.  My name is Anna Goodwin if I can help you, I will.  No use talking to people who have not had the same experience, no one will be able to understand what you are going through, but us, mothers who have lost their daughters.  Talk to me any time you wish, I am here for you.

• Like 1