Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Recent Loss Of Pet

Persie

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. I wish I could reach out and really hug each one of you. I am determined to

feel better. I have so much to do these next few months, moving in here and really settling down. I pray everyday for

physical, emotional and spiritual strength. Again, thank you all.

hugs, Persie

Persie,

WOW....yes, you have a TON on your plate right now!!! I'm exhausted just in reading what-all you have to contend with, and the conditions around it all!! Yet, like others, I do understand such situations and have experienced a number of similar ones myself. Even in retrospect, when things settle down for a short while in between, I'm always amazed I even made it through them all. And when such things go on for years at a time, well, oh boy, it can be as incredibly DRAINING and overwhelming as are things like chronic pain.

Similarly to the overwhelm in your own situation, I'm presently grieving over the much-loved catties I suddenly lost in my life, while now unexpectedly having to deal with an insane, legal mess from my brother's death, plus trying to finish up all our furnishings, etc. replacement from an extensive renovation (and various, related lawsuits) we've been stuck in for over 4 years, so I "get" how debilitating too much to deal with can be.

Sometimes life events (there's an understatement of a term if I ever heard one!) force us to just keep plugging along, even during the most "pressure cooker" of times. Bouts of busy-ness can keep us a bit more detached from the pain and sorrow for awhile, but that's why we also need to try fitting in some self-care as best we can, just as other folks here have so wisely suggested. For myself, this time I've gone TOO long in staving off the grief with too many endless to-do's, and as it usually goes in such cases, I'm finding my grief is suddenly peaking, at yet another most inconvenient time. Most ironically too, I had finally decided to focus much more on me and my needs, when this latest fiasco arose to totally disrupt that good decision - UGH! Timing is everything, as they say, and mine has been WAAAAY off more often than not in the last 5 years. So I echo others' advice -- take whatever little, or big, chances you can get....or better yet, MAKE whatever time you can for self-care, or for just feeling some gratitude for whatever little thing or moment you might experience in your overly busy days, since you never know when another challenge to your strength and resilience might hit you.

But look!....here I am, gifting myself with the time to come here and write for awhile before it's "back to work!" with everything. It's an outlet for me right now, as it's been in the past too, and I hope it's one you'll be able to use as well, as needed. We've all been there, and we all need camaraderie and support during these trying times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And Mary, isn't that a telling 'coincidence'....I'd just been writing elsewhere about my own experiences with in-person support groups for "pet loss," and even other losses, and how not a one of them served me very well! I've found them all just about as deficient as the whole vet issue. <_<

Maylissa,

Thank you for giving me your understanding. Everyone has been so kind on here. I thought about going to a group to talk

things out, but I may be able to stick with on-line conversation. Today is a rough day but I'm trying to overcome this

grief. Grief for my Rosie, but also grief for our home of 21 years that we need to sell. I know things will eventually work out, they usually

do. You also have a lot on your plate Maylissa. Stress and grief comes in all forms. I wish you the best in all you have to

deal with in your life. We can all be of much support to each other.

hugs,

Persie

Persie,

Any one of the things you are going through would be more than enough to deal with but to have so many at once...your "stress-o-meter" must surely be going off! You are doing the best you can to deal with it and I'm glad you know that it will all work out...try to keep reminding yourself of that as you need it. (((hugs)))