Grief Healing Discussion Groups

a tomorrow i don't want but need...

1 hour ago, KATPILOT said:

I guess I am fortunate.

Steve,

I AM so fortunate that a business partner dropped in my life.  I have a REALLY hard time this year saying I'm fortunate for anything (that "grateful" conversation that's been around...)... but I have to hold that closer.  It will help with the defeatest feelings, and give me a "memory" of thinking/feeling that when all seems lost.  My new partner deserves to know that too.  That's another thing we were talking about last night -- my business partner was talking about how excited she is about the shop and being part of it, and she understands it's hard for me to be excited about her. :(  I felt horrible, I don't mean to not be excited. She IS just what I need now. "Excited" is just an impossible emotion these days. 

Kay, actually that is what kept me from sleeping last night.  I was thinking about "telling" our story to our staff -- then that switched to writing, since I'm much better at being able to say what I mean in writing rather than talking.  I choke back tears thinking about how few people are left here who knew him at all, and I wanted them to understand why I bring him up so much here. To me, he is still so integral.  I want them to know why.  I have a blurb in our takeout menu about the history of the business, but I have not changed it since before all this happened.  It still says "husband and wife Patricia and Ron... are..."  Sigh.  Guess I gotta change that soon.  I can make a nice tribute to our baby, Maui Pasta.  I'd like that.  Thanks for the suggestion!

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, kayc said:

Perhaps you could hire a quilter to finish the quilt so you could keep and use it in her memory?

Actually Kay it was taken down by me years ago .The board just took up too much space.

4 hours ago, Patty65 said:

I can make a nice tribute to our baby, Maui Pasta.  I'd like that.  

Awesome idea ! You know Patty I doubt I can ever eat pasta again without thinking of you two. I doubt I'm the only one who thinks that way.

That brings up a thought. Every one of us knows or will know in time who the person was connected to each one of us. I look at you all as a couple just not currently together.               Something like that:wub:  I wish I could express it more clearly.

• Upvote 4