Grief Healing Discussion Groups

September 27, 2015, The beginning of the end.

It was one year ago today, September 27, 2015 that LC entered the hospital to have his final surgery for his back. No one could know that the following year would be spent in Passavant Hospital, Cranberry, transferred to Presby in Pittsburgh, than transferred to Montifore.  LC spent time trying to recover in five nursing homes, one of which provided him with  "ensure liquid" only, leaving him with a  vitamin B defincency which caused brain damage, another in which he fell from his bed and had to be transferred to  Forbes hospital in Monroeville, where he almost died. He was then transferred as far away as Mckeesport, before finally arriving to his final nursing home in Greensburg.  LC passed away in Westmoreland Hospital, Greensburg, on Saturday, July 23, 2016.  Both his step daughter and myself were there and could not prevent the damage that occured while under the care of doctors and medical staff.  I hired an attorney to sue due to the lack of appriopriate care. The lawyer was set to go...until LC died.  He then dropped the case and in a nut shell stated that the money he had hoped to sue for would not be worth the trouble due to his death and would only be viable if he needed care in a nursing home. Both myself and his step daughter still do not understand what happened.  
It has been a year through hell. People tell me there is nothing to be done. Or his suffering has ended.  All that I know is that every day I miss this man.  I wait for the day that I too will pass.

• Upvote 1

I feel your pain and my heart truly goes out to you what happened should never of happened in a place ment  to help people it is so hard I know you miss him how could you not miss your soulmate you will always miss him until you  are reunited again but I do not think any of our soulmates would want us to just sit around waiting to pass they loved us and while it is a hard, lonely and sometimes hopeless road they want us to live on with their love in our hearts I will keep you in my thoughts hugs

• Upvote 1

I hope eventually you find some bits of moments that are good, I know it can take a lot between now and then...it's just never the same again, is it.  

• Upvote 1