Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Last Night Was Strange

I miss my mom so much. I don't know what's going on. Last night was a strange night. I'm not even sure what I was dreaming about, but everytime I woke up, I saw something that reminded me of my mom. On one side of the room is a big closet, and in front of the closet are clothes stacked on top of each other and the kids toys. Every time I woke up facing that direction, I could have sworn I saw my mom's favorite red couch holding up all the clothes and toys. I kept thinking to myself that I didn't remember my aunt having red couches in here. I was half sleep, half dreaming I guess, so then I'd just go back to sleep. This happened many times throughout the night. The tv was on, and other people were sleeping in the room too. But I was a little afraid to get up and really look, so I just fell back to sleep. Later I woke up facing the other direction. This time, I stared at the edge of my pillow, and swore I saw my mom's fingers and finger nails with red nail polish, like they appeared at her funeral. It was at the edge of my pillow. I couldn't believe it, so I woke completely up and got a closer look. It turned out to be red flower decorations on the pillow. I was so hurt, that I threw the pillow down and just cried. I miss her so much. I just can't believe she's gone. The next morning I woke up, and got a good look at the clothes and toys. I noticed there were stacked on top of brown boxes. Why in the world would I think there were red couches in there?! I don't know. Maybe subconsciously my mind is trying to deal with my mom's death. And I was in and out of the dream state. I don't know. Has anyone experienced something like that?!

Last night was strange dream again. I have dreams of trying to save my mom. This time I dreamt I was in my parents old apartment, and my mom was sick and couldn't breathe. I called 911 and the dispatcher asked me if I was the same person who called a week ago about my mom. I told them yes and we needed help again. The weird thing is, my mom died the first time I called. So how could I have called a week later? IWhy do I keep thinking I can save her, when she's already gone and never coming back !!!

I miss her sooooo much !!!

Guest Angela Burton

I had a dream after my dad passed that he and my grandmother (also deceased) had come to dinner. We had a wonderful time and he had special messages for me. I have frequently felt that it was just a desire...but the conversation makes me wonder if my father wasn't trying to make sure I knew he was close....

Shell,

I too have had many of these type of dreams in the past 3 years. I like you believe that they are my moms way of letting me know she is with me & I am not ever alone. As strange as that may seem. My only advise to you would be never be afraid of having a dream of your mom, & never be scared to talk to her. Don't worry what others may thing or say. Talking to her will help you let out your anger, pain, & frustrations. It will also let you pronounce your love for her too.

I hope you have a good night sleep tonight & many nights to come.

Sleep tight & sweet dreams,

Tootie

Ya, I also agree that some dreams are just our thoughts and that some are our loved ones. When my dad died, our family had dreams about him that same night. Very lifelike. He appeared younger and happier. But, when my mom died, it took 2 weeks before our family dreamt about her. Before those 2 weeks, I cried so hard because I wanted her to come back, but she didn't. It also made me doubt the dreams about my father. But then 2 weeks later, the dreams came, for all of us. The was strange. I also have re-occurring dreams where I visit my parent's old apartment. This happened after my dad passed away 6 years ago, and we moved to another place. Because of this, I've taken interest in dreams and have done a lot of research. There is so much more to sleeping, dreaming, etc. So much goes on that we don't know about. Some could be our memories, and some can be visits.