Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Jeannie's Day

60th Birthday

Sixty years ago today, on April 11th, 1946 Bill and Lorraine had their first child – a beautiful baby girl who they named Jean Marie.

This little girl grew up in a home next door to my Grandmother’s place. I visited Granny’s often, but at that age had NO interest in girls so I never noticed little Jeannie.

Years later in High School I met this young lady and fell in love with her.

We got married in 1964 and later she gave me two wonderful children – one daughter and one son.

She was diagnosed with MS about twenty years ago and lived with the progression with very few complaints. In early January last year she was having difficulty swallowing so we went to the ER to see what could be done to help. Naturally, we both thought that the problem was associated with her MS. But we were in for a shock. The diagnosis was terminal cancer and she was given 2 or 3 weeks to live. She survived for 99 days and was lucid until the last two days.

She had her last birthday in the Palliative Care unit and died two days later on April 13th , 2005.

I miss her so darn much and have great difficulty carrying on this life without her presence.

This song is for my Jeannie – my love for her is forever – she will always be in my heart.

For Jeannie

Dear Walt

My heart goes out to you on this very special day. I know your Jeannie is watching over you and knowing how much you loved her.

I know the pain of an anniversary, birthday and those special days make our lost so much more painful. Just know that we can all feel your loss this day and we are here for you.

You have been a great support to many of us here during this terrible journey and so I hope just a small word or thought that we do care about you and what you are going thru today might help ease your pain.

God Bless,

Grace

Walt,

My thoughts are with you this day as you remember the birthday of your special little wife. May you have happy memories to fill your heart.

KayC

Walt, My thoughts are certainly with you, having lost my beloved Cleo 3 weeks ago. Our 38th anniverary is the 20th of this month. I know it will be a day of many emotions.

When Cleo really became ill, she would always say " I can't believe God would want to separate us, all we have ever done is love each other and try to help children" I wonder that myself on these difficult days.

Guest Guest

Vic - I am so sorry for your recent loss. Cleo sounds like she was a wonderful person. I can understand how much you miss her!

It's been almost 17 months since I lost my beloved husband, Charlie and there are days when I STILL can't believe I don't have him anymore. We loved each other so much and I wonder why God took him from our lives so soon. He was only 46 years old. He was loved so much by his family and friends - he was a great person! When you think about all the people in the world that are not good people or who are together with people they really don't love, it's hard to understand why this kind of thing happens to people like us! I don't know...sometimes I just don't get it.

We are here for you. There are some wonderful people here in this site and we will do our best to be there for you!

My thoughts are with you today and everyday!

Patti

(Charlie 6/10/58 - 11/16/2004; I love and miss you, Dear!)