Grief Healing Discussion Groups

One year later

musicluvr1991

So as of today, it's been a year since my friend Josh died :( such a weird feeling..it still feels really surreal to think he's gone :( there's been so many little things popping up that really make me miss him and it's been a tough year but i'm so lucky to have such a great group of friends and very supportive parents, which has really helped a lot :)

• Like 1

I'm glad you have support.  Losing a friend can be really tough.  My daughter lost her friend Jorma when he was but 24, it's been ten years now.  They all got matching tattoos in his memory.  They are never forgotten.

• Upvote 1

Telling someone they must come out from it is a little like telling someone to move on...it feels inappropriate.  Here we acknowledge someone's feelings, knowing everyone's timetable is different.  I lost one of my best friends a year ago from cancer and I cherish memories of her.  What's key is balance...while it's good to remember the memories, it's also important to not miss today, to learn to live in the present so we don't miss what is.  I've learned in grief that those past and present in our lives are all intermingled, all a part of who we are.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...