Grief Healing Discussion Groups

It's been a hard and challenging road .

It's been close to 3 months the love of my life died unexspectatly  still do t know how it actually  happened are if they had a ceremony for him I'm in the dark and have know way of finding out it's been a lonely road I'm still so very angry at him for leaving me here and not being responsible and getting himself together for not caring about me enough to want to change his life and love me like I so love him I'm angry and upset and wanna scream  .

• Like 1

Since you were his fiancé, I’m a bit baffled why you don’t know these things.  And yes, that is most painful.  Is there some 'bad blood' in his family?  Is there anyone in it you can reach out to?  You weren’t legally family, yet, but certainly close enough to it. I was closer to one sibling than another’s of Steves.  I could always talk to her.  Anyone like that or maybe one of his friends?  I can’t imagine not knowing what happened.  My heart breaks for you.  

• Like 2

I am so sorry, Laurie, I can't imagine being shut out.  George's family never had anything to do with me after he died except one brother tried to get his stuff, ha!  When I showed him backbone I never heard from him again.  But I was lucky that I was his wife and got to arrange his funeral.  I know from other situations that sometimes we have to create our own closure...not that I think we ever have "closure" with their deaths, but we can create our own memorial, be it donate $ to name a star after him or plant a rosebush & buy a memorial stone, or whatever we do to honor them.  Maybe get together with your common friends for a memorial and share stories you remember about him...we did that when my sister died, all of us sisters & brother & her caregiver family, she didn't have anyone else.  I scattered her ashes with everyone present.  I think she would have liked it.  It doesn't always have to be a formal church service with coffin bearers.  I believe their spirit is present, I pray you'll know he is with you inside your heart where he can never be taken from you.

• Like 2