Grief Healing Discussion Groups

My Best Mate.

Boro boy

Hi, I’ve recently joined bcos I lost a close female friend 31/7/21, I know about shock cos I felt it wen I found out. 
I just can’t stop thinking about her when I’m alone. What I maybe could of done if I were there. I hate myself cos I wasn’t. 
Im doing everything I can so I’m not alone. 
The loss is bad for me, we were best friends and I tried to help her so much. I’m angry all the time which is unusual for me. I think  it was a shock cos death in my experience is around illness. 

I miss my mate so much x

B x

• Sad 1

No need to apologize for expressing your thoughts and feelings here, my friend.

You don't say how your friend died. If you care to share any of the details, we might be better able to offer the information and support you need and deserve.

In any event, we are here for you, we care about you, and we are listening ❤️

I am so sorry for your loss, I understand.  :(

Feeling anger in early grief is common.

Anger & Jealousy in Grief
Anger stage

Anger One of the Stages of Grief?
These two articles talk about the approximate six month mark being one of the hardest points in our journey, and why...I notice you're close to that timeline, that could be part of it.
Six Month Mark
Six Month Mark

15 hours ago, MartyT said:

No need to apologize for expressing your thoughts and feelings here, my friend.

You don't say how your friend died. If you care to share any of the details, we might be better able to offer the information and support you need and deserve.

In any event, we are here for you, we care about you, and we are listening ❤️

Ty. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kayc said:

I am so sorry for your loss, I understand.  :(

Feeling anger in early grief is common.

Anger & Jealousy in Grief
Anger stage

Anger One of the Stages of Grief?
These two articles talk about the approximate six month mark being one of the hardest points in our journey, and why...I notice you're close to that timeline, that could be part of it.
Six Month Mark
Six Month Mark

Ty

I’m struggling to eat or sleep, I just feel sad,upset & alone all the time. I know drinking doesn’t help me but it’s all I’m doing. I’ve got my grandkids around the corner but I don’t want them to see me upset. 
This may sound silly but all though my Dad died 34yrs ago and mam 19yrs ago, it feels like yesterday all over again & it hurts so much. I’m so confused. 

• Like 1

When my soulmate in a dog, Arlie died, I felt just like when my husband died, all over again, so I get what you're saying.  One can pile on top of another or remind you of when...

Yes I’m guessing it’s a trigger point. I spent the nite with my grandkids it was awesome but tiring, they are the reason I’m here. I just can’t believe I’m not gonna speak to her anymore. 
it’s s***. I appreciate your support. Ty

• Like 1

I'm at level 1 evacuation notice for fires...it has me concerned for their graves & memorial stones, both my husband, furry kids & granddoggy.

• 2 weeks later...

We had to evacuate for six days, the closest is 90% contained but the whole complex is only 10% contained.  Finally able to relax, the air is smokey though.  Thanks!

It's very hard losing a best friend.  Mine moved to TX when she got married 6+ years ago, no one has come close to being her since.  My sympathy, seriously, I know those are just words on your screen, but they are meant and heartfelt, I have lost more people to death than I could ever begin to count.  (((hugs)))  It takes much time to process.