Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Will I ever catch a break?

This year has been so hard so within 5 months time this year I lost my Mom (68), my Brother (43), and my Uncle (66). It just doesn't seem like things are ever going to look up. I know they will but it has been a lot of stress, pain and heartbreak going on in my family. I am just so lost and feel broken. I know that I have loss little parts of me and I won't be the same. Different but missing a part of myself. I feel like everytime things are starting to feel a little normal something else happens. 😕 And all the holidays, birthdays and milestones are tearing me apart. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm so sorry all of this loss has happened to you, and all within five months. It's no wonder that you're feeling overwhelmed. I welcome you to this warm and caring place, and I invite you to read the following, in hopes that doing so may help: In Grief: Coping with Multiple Losses  ~ and note the additional resources listed at the base of the article.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Just_ME said:

This year has been so hard so within 5 months time this year I lost my Mom (68), my Brother (43), and my Uncle (66). It just doesn't seem like things are ever going to look up. I know they will but it has been a lot of stress, pain and heartbreak going on in my family. I am just so lost and feel broken. I know that I have loss little parts of me and I won't be the same. Different but missing a part of myself. I feel like everytime things are starting to feel a little normal something else happens. 😕 And all the holidays, birthdays and milestones are tearing me apart. 

That's awful, and I feel terrible for your loss. That's a crazy amount to go through so close together. The fact, I think, is that you're right and that you won't be the same. I don't mean it in that you'll never feel good again, but it does change you. I haven't dealt with losing three close people like that, but I know that if one changes you, three must. Right now I think just grieving is all that can be asked of you. You deserve to be able to. If you're the type of person that would benefit from it I'd recommend reaching out to friends to talk to; anyone who is reasonable or even just nice will want to help. Of course places like this are good to visit too.

• Like 1