Grief Healing Discussion Groups

On top of everything else

Sheemie

I got a letter from my apartment that they are telling me to get out because, "they know I am miserable here and I complain too much". this frankly is true but like don't sugar coat it at all. I tried really hard not to complain but it just kept getting worse. This apartment response to my valid complaint was mind my own business, ignore me completely, and then send me letter to get out because I complain about the caretaker. The caretaker is a weirdo who was spying on me all the time caught him outside easdropping umpteen times, he would make me uncomfortable because he was always standing in my doorway, not to mention when I first moved in apartment alleged my neighbors complain about me going outside too often and that bothered them? Is this jail I said? Not to mention my vehicles been vandalized in the parking lot. Thesres only 4 people who are in here. So many firsts this year, bullied, gaslight, no help, vandalized. I'm having such a hard time I keep trying to ask for help, ghosted, gaslight, bullied. I guess it's my fault. Everything I did for most part was about and for my husband and he's gone and I am absolutely desperate. I keep trying to remember who I was and I just can't do anything. I can't sleep and I am so angry and no one is nice to me.

• Sad 1

OMG!  And you have no recourse?  How long do they give you to move?  I am so sorry.  I guess they feel it easier to switch tenants than to actually take care of the issue, a novel thought!

I am just so sorry.

Until the end of the year when initial lease ends per legal laws. But I've done nothing wrong they are wrong. I told them when I moved please don't me stay here a year and I don't want to move in the cold. They just laughed, pure evil they are. Everyone here hides in their place because they are all being scrutinized for eviction. I was told that's just how income based apartments are. I pay 500 for rent and I don't think it's even worth that. The std rate is 575 and u would be nuts to pay that. 350 a month is fair for this place and area. I have one family member who is going to help and thank God I don't have to hire somebody again.

• Like 1

Could you take them to small claims court?  I know that's probably emotional energy you don't have, but.... I'm so sorry you have to go through all this.  It's just not right.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Chocolate said:

Forgot to click follow this.

???

I hope you can find a place you can move to, I don't know what part of the country you're in that has rent so low as it's triple that here and more, but I do wish you well in the move and transitioning.  Maybe you'll get a better landlord next time!

38 minutes ago, kayc said:

I hope you can find a place you can move to, I don't know what part of the country you're in that has rent so low as it's triple that here and more, but I do wish you well in the move and transitioning.  Maybe you'll get a better landlord next time!

Lol that's because u live in a normal place. The difference absolutely nothing to do, imagine never going anywhere for an entire month, no jobs that anyone would want, nothing to do except go insane completely, so I guess hopefully up from here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kayc said:

???

All this means is that I said was I was going to say, wanted to follow the thread, but forgot to click the follow button.

• Like 1

Not sure how "normal" this place is, sure doesn't feel it lately, yesterdays air quality over 800 and them telling us to expect this until November, it's been two months already (dead end road 2 miles from Cedar Creek Fire, burning 14,200 acres).  Constant threat.

4 hours ago, kayc said:

Not sure how "normal" this place is, sure doesn't feel it lately, yesterdays air quality over 800 and them telling us to expect this until November, it's been two months already (dead end road 2 miles from Cedar Creek Fire, burning 14,200 acres).  Constant threat.

800, wow, how horrible.  I assume for the fire to go out, it will have to be the rain that does it, and who know how much you/we will get and when.  I assume the smoke will kill all the wildlife.

Not exactly. They need it dry for the backburns.

5 hours ago, kayc said:

Not exactly. They need it dry for the backburns.

The huge fires in other parts of the states during other years only went out once the fall rains hit.

• Like 1

I am staying in close contact with their daily reporting, just repeating what they say.  Yes rains help EXCEPT when setting backburns.

6 minutes ago, kayc said:

I am staying in close contact with their daily reporting, just repeating what they say.  Yes rains help EXCEPT when setting backburns.

Rain does put out the fire.  If they keep starting them again, that's a different set of circumstances.

Not arguing.

I'd say so. I'm much more miserable after two years of living in my old hometown and seeing how it's now the crime and homeless bastion it is. 

If I would have been able to stay in Tulsa, as hard as it would have been and it has its own issues, I think I would be better mentally. At least I would have been able to find connection with the mental health community I had been seeing off and on. It was just a friendlier city. More streets to wander.