Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Loss of my little Jasmine

I posted way back in August of 2013 with the loss of my TT Oliver who passed away with lymphoma. It was devastating and I couldn't get myself together for a long time.

2 months after Oliver passed I went to a local shelter and adopted Jasmine, a silky terrier who was about 4 years old. She was the most loyal, loving , fun and bossy smart companion. I called her my little Lady Bug.

We walked many miles and I took her everyplace I went. She was my baby.

A year ago, at age 14 she was diagnosed with very bad arthritis in her hind legs and liver nodules which progressively got worse and turned to liver cancer. She started to have seizures and quickly deteriorated 

the last month. Over the past few days her appetite started to wane and she started to sleep more. She was vomiting and pooping Sunday and Monday. I came home from work Tuesday June 4th and she couldn't stand up and she was staring into space.  I took her to the vet right away and said goodbye. Yesterday  I woke up 

and she wasn't there. The silence in my house is unbearable and i dread going home from work . Most of my life after work and weekends revolved around being with her and taking her to her favorite places.  Life  seems so empty without my little Jasmine and I can't stop crying. My body feels numb. My little loving baby is  gone and the pain is awful.

jasmine .jpg

• Sad 1

You have our heartfelt sympathy, Denise. Your loving baby Lady Bug is adorable, and the pain you're feeling in her absence is certainly understandable. Please know that we are thinking of you and holding you close . . . ❤️

• Like 1

Oh no!  I am so sorry for your loss, I know it to be unbearable.  My Kodie is 4 1/2 now and goes with me everywhere, and I'd be lost without him, I can't bear to think of it...just as you are feeling this, my heart goes out to you.  He is a beautiful boy.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Your little boy is at peace now.  Comfort for Grieving Animal Lovers
I hope this short video brings you some comfort and peace.