Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Posts Missing?

Paul S

I just noticed when I went to review a topic in "Behaviors in Bereavement", the one entitled something like "Why do some people feel better than others?' It seemed to be much shorter. I remember that there were several more posts than the 3 as of now. I know this because I was going to post after about the 3rd, but decided to wait a bit. Then the thread went off on a tangent that made me decide to just lurk. Now its back to where it was when I first thought of posting.

So I went up and down the topics, and noticed that there are few posts from the 16th, and none from the 17th, when the board was still up.

Anyone else notice this or anm I hallucinating???

Yeah, me too. But some people may be hurt if they see their stuff missing. I suppose people can just post again.

No, Paul, you are not hallucinating. I'm missing some of the good stuff I posted in some of the forums, too. :angry: I have reported this to HOV's administration, and I've been assured that the message will be forwarded on to Invision Power Board Services. I'm hoping that IPB has a back-up copy of whatever appeared in all the forums between the evening of August 15 and the morning of August 17 when the site went down, since obviously they were able to restore the rest of the site. :wacko:

Dear Ones,

In my efforts to piece together exactly what happened to our site last week, I’ve learned that Invision Power Board (the company that developed this Grief Healing Discussion Groups message board for Hospice of the Valley) experienced a “crash of its hardware” last Thursday morning. IPB has since moved its accounts to a new server, which explains why our site was offline and unavailable to us for some 36 hours, until it was finally restored late last Friday afternoon.

Unfortunately, I've just been informed that the messages that were posted last week between the evening of Tuesday August 15 and the morning of Thursday August 17 (which I've been inquiring about ever since) are forever lost – although I’m still trying to find out why.

I am just as frustrated, disappointed and upset about this as each of you must be, as I know how much effort I put into composing my own posts and I know that many of you do the same.

I can only tell you what I have learned from this experience. From now on, whenever I construct a post, I will do so in one of my word processing programs (Word or Word Perfect), save it as a file on my own computer, then cut and paste it into the posting form on the GH Discussion Groups site. Similarly, when I want to keep a certain message posted by someone else, I will copy and paste it to my clipboard and save it in my personal files. (If any of our members has figured out a better way, please do share it with the rest of us!)

As I think back on some of the posts I know are missing, I wonder if you’d help me by recalling for one another – and reconstructing as much as possible – some of what we’ve lost.

For example, I know that one of our members posted a message about guided imagery and how helpful it has been for her; she highly recommended Belleruth Naparstek’s excellent CD, A Meditation to Ease Grief. In response, I referred our readers to Belleruth’s Health Journeys Web site and let everyone know that this CD is available for purchase there – as well as from Amazon. I also referred this member to an earlier discussion we’d had about the topic of guided imagery in one of our forums: Behaviors in Bereavement / Topic: Anxiety. (It just so happens that Belleruth Naparstek will be in Phoenix this weekend, presenting a workshop entitled Breakthroughs in Healing Trauma: Success through Guided Imagery and the New Therapies. I look forward to meeting Belleruth and sharing with you whatever I learn!)

I also recall another member mentioning the work of Christine Duminiak, author of the inspiring and comforting book, God’s Gift of Love: After-Death Communications. I want you all to know that earlier this week I received a notice that Christine will be presenting a workshop in Philadelphia on Saturday, October 21, 2006 entitled Bridges To Heaven--For Those Who Grieve: An After-Death Communication Event. Seminar and readings from 10 a.m. till 4 p.m. Further information is available online at http://www.christineduminiak.com/events.html or you can call (215) 604-0469.

Again, I am deeply sorry for the interruption in service that occurred last week, as I know how much this site means to each of us and how much we've all come to depend upon it. I also recognize that this inaccessibility represented yet another loss, and that is the last thing I would wish for any of us.

Thank you Marty T,

Thanks Marty for the update about the missing posts, It is sad that some of them are missing but we all learned a lesson from this and now let's all move on the keep our chins high... Take care Shelley