Grief Healing Discussion Groups

Pain

dulci'smom

you sound a if you may be suffering from severe depression? please seek the advice of a physician before you cause yourself to become physically ill. i understand exactually how you feel about being alone. we have so many people in our lives that ask so much from us, but give little back when we ask. that is why our pets mean so much to us. you must try to find some positve reasons why your life is valuable and why you want to carry on. do you have grandchildren that you want to see grow up?? do you have any interests that make you happy. you say you have other pets?? then you mush be strong and carry on for them, because without you they would probably suffer? god bless you!!

dulci's mom,

I am sad to hear of your loss, our pets mean so much to us yet their lives are so much shorter than our own. We become so attached to them in such a short time and then when they are gone there is a hole in our heart. You are so new to this, and the pain will be intense for some time. Cry as much as you like, crying will help you grieve and heal. Keep coming to this site and posting as often as you like, it will help you a lot in this journey that you are on right now. There are plenty of caring people here that will listen and will help you get through this.

Thank you all for kind words. If not for my other two doggies, i don't know wht would happen. everyone here is so eloquent with their words, and i can barely see thru my tears to type, can barely move my fingers...I definitely need God's help right now to see me through this. My dog Koko who was the closest to Dulcinea is moping and not eating properly, I hope she pulls through. I am trying to be strong for her. I feel like i am beginning to forget what dulci felt like. I am so desperate I spoke to an animal communicator yesterday and feel a little worse with some of the things said. I want to picture my Dulci in heaven with Jesus and playing and being happy. I am so confused. By the way, we all just moved cross country one month ago and i have not really met anyone and I have no support system here. Especially none of my dog "crazy" friends back home.

Well, htanks again,

Dulci's mom

Hi,

I am sorry to hear that whatever the animal communicator said upset you more. The truth is-at least as I see it-is that no one really knows what happens after death, and that if it comforts you to believe that Dulci is happy in heaven with Jesus, then I encourage you to try to think those thoughts. I have been trying to do something similar, thinking of my dear Tawny happy and healthy and well taken care of by my parents already in heaven, and having all the pets both they lost and I have lost there to play with. It is not always easy for me to believe this, but it is something I am working hard on.

I don't know how old Koko is, or if she is ill in any way, but I think that her reaction to Dulci's loss is common. I know that Tawny's littermate, Tanner moped around after she died, although it didn't effect his appetite-nothing does-LOL! But he also reverted to some bad puppy habits (although he is now almost 2 years) and hadn't done these things in many long months. Animals also feel the loss and it is so hard because we can not explain to them, although I have seen suggestions that you talk to them as you would to a child and tell them what happened. I did that, but I don't know what, if anything he understood. My point in all of this is that our remaining animals also need to grieve, and like us, they too will heal in their own time.

Dulci's Mom,

I have posted several times in this forum, I believe that when an animal dies they go to heaven like what avsqr_dancer said, I also believe that they have endless meadows where they can lie in the grass or chase rabbits and an endless supply of treats to eat whenever they feel like it. Your other dogs are grieving as well, when ever my two dogs are separated for more than a day, I see the same reaction and my neighbor has also noticed it when we go on vacation. When I lost my wife this year, my Golden retriever would not get into the bed with me for 2 weeks, whereas before when Karen was gone, I would let her sleep on the bed and she would just jump right up. My Maltiez (Which was Karen's dog) still to this day will run towards the room when I let him out in the morning, looking for her. In time they will get better, like us, they also have their own time frame when it comes to grieving.